How old do you feel you are?

I relate to this so much. Everything besides the literal age mention also applies to me. I’m 26 but I feel 70.

2 Likes

Why does everybody feel physically so much older than they are? Am I the only one who feels (much) younger? It’s because you’re not exercising daily everybody!

2 Likes

Rheumatoid arthritis can affect anyone who has a “leaky gut”. Marathon runners are affected by it even, it’s not something exercise can prevent.

2 Likes

But, I happen to know that exercise, in moderation, helps rheumatoid arthritis.

Even when I was exercising 4 times a week, I felt maybe 50. I’m always tired, I have arthritis in my back, I have an Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (genetic condition that affects my joints and cartilage), I have bad cognitive symptoms from SzA, and I have gastroparesis (makes me nauseous all the time). So… I don’t exactly feel young. :frowning:

Helps reduce the pain somewhat, but it has to be super low-impact, since high impact on inflamed joints will damage them.

I ruined my elbows with heavy computer use while having uncontrolled rheumatoid arthritis, for example. They are bone-on-bone now.

1 Like

50 is much better than 70.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with doing low impact exercise. At least it’s something. And it will help your pain.

1 Like

That is true, lol. But I struggle with having energy to take care of myself. I can do better, yeah, I know I can. I just struggle because of my schizoaffective. But you’re right, 50 is better than 70 for sure.

1 Like

I feel young act old

Hi @anon80629714! I haven’t seen you in a while.

1 Like

:scream::scream::scream::scream: I thought I’m here all the time :scream::scream::scream::scream::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

I feel 65 physically, 50 mentally, and I’m really 28

1 Like

Probably an 80 year old brain.

I am 45 but sometimes feel like 200… I guess it could be worse.

1 Like

I’m 30 and feel physically older. I have a bad back now. I almost always feel lower back pain. Emotionally, I feel like a 30 year old loser. I feel a lot dumber now than I was before. I can deal with feeling like a loser but my lower back pain sometimes worries me. It feels like it’ll never go away. I definitely have to lose weight.

1 Like

you right 151515

2 Likes

I just turned 31 on the 19th, and I feel like I’m still young and energetic. I have a cosmic perspective though. How I view life is to keep moving and enjoying the ride cause when I’m gone nothing will matter. I’m the type to cheer myself and everyone around me on. I’m that person in her bubble that’s clapping for my fellow man.

2 Likes

I’m 22, but I feel like 40.

1 Like

Smoking is the key, well not the key to improving as. Don’t know smoking is common in sz. I believe u have to quit smoking to improve sz. It plays on dopamine. I guarantee if u quit smoking n drinking n apply the right meds your sz will disappear

1 Like