How often should a music artist put out a new album?

well im not sure, i was writing quite a bit before meds, but now creativity rarely sparks me. i wonder what the writing process is like for a popular music artist, im always eagerly anticipating new albums from my favorite artists, but then again, you can’t force the process. im thinking i could write 10 songs every couple of years, if i really worked at it, but it would maybe be forced and unauthentic.

As much as (s)he can.

1 Like

When they feel they have a hit album. Some artists seem to put out albums regularly but they’re no good.

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s a specific timetable that every artist would follow in putting out new music. Some musical artists take longer than others in making music. Some artists work faster or slower than others.
And there’s a lot of other variables. For instance, some artists may put out a really good, best selling album and then they’re under pressure to top it. Their record label might be pushing them to put out another album while they are still hot.
I don’t know a lot about the music business but I know some artists sign contracts saying they’ll put out a certain number of albums over a two or three year period. So they have to honor the contract.

2 Likes

It’s really hard to say. Some albums sell well because of anticipation alone.

I’ve read that Roger Waters new DVD and CD are selling like hotcakes.

Some artists that are really old like Black Sabbath have a whole catalog of records to explore.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.