How often are you unsure if you are hallucinating?

i’d say most of the time i am unsure, but i dont know how else to explain it

1 Like

I often have to think about it and really double check things but I think it’s a confidence thing for me. I don’t have a lot of faith in myself and things are strange sometimes.

Im always hearing voices and feeling somthing moving in my head mouth 24/7 if thats what you mean.

When on meds I can know that I am hallucinating. When unmedicated I can’t know because I get delusions at the same time.

1 Like

And I loose insight.

1 Like

i loose insight of my self a lot through out the day.medication gives me too many sideffects.my life was better before medications even though i was psychotic and depressed.now im better a bit and worse at the same time.i can function ok… yep

1 Like

I haven’t hallucinated for several years now but when I did 1) I had no insight into it that is I couldn’t tell when it started or stopped while it was happening and 2) it had a surreal quality to it… Something maybe a little brighter than normal or in slow motion or whatever just off the usual reality spectrum.

1 Like

That was useful, helpful information, @Unclehenry . Thanks.

2 Likes

When I see shadow people I assume it’s a hallucination. But I think the men following me are real.

1 Like

i dont hallucinate anymore but now i have syptoms of aspergers,autism.the lot.

when they saw me and they found out that im unusual they put me in the hospital.

1 Like

When I hear voices I know people would call it a hallucination but it’s really Alien and Sarah up in my head so it’s real to me.

1 Like

My hallucinations are very lifelike. It’s hard to tell. If I see strangers in my house it’s a good sign and I go check my pill box or ask my wife if someone is there. If I am not home everything could be a hallucination. Hard to know. I take my meds though. That mostly controls them.

I won’t own a gun or I would be shooting at walls.

1 Like

I would say most of the time I’m not unsure.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.