How much weight have you gained from ur ap? Or lost

Gained 100 pounds on Zyprexa (yeah, not a fun time)

Lost 30 pounds on Geodon.

The rest of my AP’s have been relatively weight neutral.

I’ll hope that Vraylar can help me lose some weight

1 Like

I was 125 pounds before antipsychotics

Now I’m probably 40 pounds more. But I was almost 185 at one point. Now I’m on a lower dose of abilify and other meds that make u lose weight im down 20 lbs from that.

1 Like

At my max it was 110kgs which for my height made my bmi obese. I’ve been working hard and down to under 100kgs so on the way there. I gained most weight from risperdal but I think that is natural no matter what antipsychotic.

3 Likes

60 pounds in 1 year.

1 Like

Before being placed on risperidone and Depakote I weighed around 167 pounds.
Today I weigh around 216 pounds.
So I’ve gained about 50 pounds.

3 Likes

I’m surprised the psychiatrist kept you on it and allowed your weight to double like that. That’s intense

1 Like

I went from 59 kilos to 95 kilos on Olanzapine. I had no idea APs did that at the time.

I am now 85 kilos but gaining. I did get down to 79.

I have given up on it now. I am ready to let myself go again.

1 Like

I’ve gained 50lbs since I started risperdal

1 Like

I don’t know either, but he was all for the weight loss surgery and wrote a letter of recommendation.

2 Likes

before abilify 137lbs
abilify- 150lbs
thorazine- not sure
Risperdal- 160lbs
Haldol-137lbs
just fluphenazine - 144lbs
off that, onto Zyprexa, perphenazine combo - 170lbs
off that onto Invega/Depakote/fluphenazine - 182lbs
I didn’t start gaining a lot on Invega until I got the 234mg dose. Probably gained 6lbs so far
I’m 5’7" and 1/2 inches tall

1 Like

I gained 30lbs on abilify 15mg. So far I’ve lost 13. So another 16lbs to go.

1 Like

I gained about 40 pounds on Geodon and another 60 on Abilify I lost the Abilify weight once I stopped it and went on Haldol, the weight just slowly came off. The Haldol was weight neutral and now I’ve lost 17 pounds and counting so far on Zyprexa.

1 Like

I am not on antipsychotics, but I have lost 16 pounds.

1 Like

gained 180 lbs on zyprexa, since switching to invega 2 months ago ive lost 32 lbs and am still losing

1 Like

Wow that’s quite a loss.
Did you change your diet as well?

2 Likes

yes i have been using myfitnesspal to count calories since switching and trying to be more active

2 Likes

Before risperidone-200lbs

4mg risperidone-260lbs

2mg risperidone and 120mg latuda-217lbs and actively trying to lose more

2 Likes

I was 125 pounds before meds. Respirdal made me gain like 30 pounds in two months. Then I went on abilify and slowly got up to 168 pounds at my heaviest. On abilify I started losing weight by counting calories and eating only 1200 calories a day. I lost twenty pounds in a year doing that. I eventually got down to 136 pounds. Then I stopped counting calories for a while and now I’m around 143 pounds. Currently I’m now on 6 mg vraylar and 20 mg abilify. I haven’t really made much effort to lose weight in a long time now

1 Like

I gained 50 lbs. on Zyprexa and diet pop. I lost 50 lbs. when my pdoc took me off oral Risperdal and put me on injectable Risperdal and I quit drinking diet pop.

2 Likes

I’m female, 5 10. I went from 140 to 150… to almost 300 in a year on Seroquel. I’ve tried lots of aps. Currently on risperidone 4mg 3x day. I’ve lost tons of weight, but it’s due to physical illness.
@SkinnyMe
Wanted to include you. :upside_down_face: