How much sleep do we need?

How much sleep do we actually need? Those of us with sz. Do we need 10-12 hours of sleep or is it just the medication side effects? I have yet to find a clear answer on this via Googling.

Each Individual Has it’s Own Body Clock Mapping.

Find Your Compass.

Walk Carefully Through The Hypothetical Forest.

And Like I Mentioned Before, Listen to Your Body.

1 Like

I typically sleep 4 hours if I’m lucky 6 hours a day which is actually really good in my case cause I use to not sleep for days.

1 Like

I need 10-12 hours of sleep a night. That’s what I feel best with. Any less and I drag all day.

2 Likes

I need at least eight and a half hours to feel rested

1 Like

Seems to be the same for me. Problem is I’m always tired

1 Like

I’m sorry @thomas. Have you spoken to your pdoc about this?

1 Like

It’s been a while since I brought it up. Might need to revisit it. Had to increase my AP dose because I started working and it brought a whole new wave of fatigue.

1 Like

I believe that increasing your AP to help you sleep is a double-edge sword because it also increases fatigue (do you still take Seroquel?).

I know you’re fatigued, and this suggestion may seem paradoxical, but do you exercise? If not, you may want to do some daily aerobic exercise. Also, meditation may help you sleep.

2 Likes

I do still take Seroquel. I had to increase my dose because of the added stress and symptoms of working, not for sleep. I was just trying to say that it’s made me even more tired because I had to increase it. I usually swim regularly at the YMCA but they are closed because of the coronavirus. Probably should try and go for walks or something, you are right. Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.