How much more sh*t is going to be piled on me?

So I went into work today at 8:30 a.m. I usually get off at 2:30 p.m. I’m 55 years old and my body ain’t what it used to be so I get really tired some days. But I was doing my job and I noticed my muscles were sore in my leg. As if I had just run a mile or something. They felt like they were going to cramp up or something.

Then at 2:15 I was walking down the hallway and I felt something snap in my calf and all of a sudden I couldn’t put any weight on my left leg because it hurt so bad. It was either my tendon or a muscle that must have snapped. I immdiately told my boss. So he asked me some questions and then he did his duty which was to fill out a workmens comp form and make am appointment for me to see a doctor Tuesday morning at 8:30. Damn. I have chronic back problems and fatigue, and now this. I’m sure I won’t be able to work my next shift or two or three.

Oh no! So sorry to hear about this. Hope you’re ok. Good luck at the doctors.

1 Like

I don’t think tendons snap. I wouldn’t worry about that. I think you can pull them though. You must be under a lot of stress for your legs get sore that easily. Is something else going on in life?

1 Like

Thank you…

hope U will get better as fast as possible Nick …!!!

1 Like

Hopefully it’ll get better with some rest.

That’s a really tough break. I hope it’s nothing serious. Maybe the doctor will say it’s something minor. How does it feel now?

It’s just that I don’t get enough exercise except an occasional walk around the neighborhood, and four blocks to my car every morning. Anyways, it’s just that I’m perpetually tired and my work is a little physical I’m on my feet all day. So I go through periods of inactivity at home and then I have to go to my job where I have to walk a lot and do my tasks quickly.

My boss put an ice pack on it which helped but I am still in pain and it’s hard to walk.

You might be able to do this job longer, especially if you can still use your leg right now. That’s a good sign. But I’m sure you’re thinking it, you can’t do this forever.

There are, I’m sure, other options for employment. I felt that was implied but maybe I should actually say it.

1 Like

It occurred to me that maybe this is not what you want to hear right now. Sorry if my friendly advice finds you in a bad way. Good luck with whatever happens, Nick.

1 Like

You have a good boss. Take care.

1 Like

plenty of R&R nick, put up your feet and enjoy your time off if you can, you need to heal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like a hamstring

1 Like

I hope you feel better soon @77nick77. Maybe taking sometime off and resting through the Thanksgiving holiday weekend will help. Perhaps the doctor will have you go to physical therapy too. Take care. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I hope that you feel better soon @77nick77 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not your fault, good luck with doctor!

1 Like

Sorry to hear this Nick. Take care and I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving :v:

1 Like

I hope you’re feeling better soon @77nick77

1 Like