How many years of work experience do you have?

My dad jokes and says I’m retired.

3 Likes

Yes i am early retired on disability. I was a bad slave. I just have enough finances so i won’t starve to death. Its more a punishment than fair.

1 Like

I know people who refuse to work in a paid job get punished with medication. We need to work so we won’t get dangerous ideas and enjoy our lifes too much. Yes, i got it too good.:grinning:

1 Like

Over 32 years.
25 years in the education field.

2 Likes

8 years doing IT full time plus odd pt jobs in high school and college. I have done a lot of caregiving for family members since then and also did about 3 years of volunteering.

2 Likes

Been working for the same company,family business for Eleven years.

2 Likes

Couple years, mostly restaurants and retail. Stints in accounts and charity. I’ll probably have quite a few years to come, I’m not that badly affected by psychotic disorder.

2 Likes

5 years at the same job then 11 more jobs in 2 years… I’m almost 28

2 Likes

Me? 23 years total of barely hanging onto different jobs and also frequently getting fired. Even volunteer jobs were the same way.

I finally quit working altogether in 1998. I’ve been a million times less stressed and a whole lot happier.

3 Likes

About 40 years more than I ever thought I would. I was one sick puppy.

1 Like

I got my first actual job when I was 16, which was 25 years ago. I have 24 years of work experience, due to having taken a year off while attempting medical school. The longest I’ve held a job is 10 years at my part-time professor job, but I’m pretty sure I’m done with teaching at this point.

2 Likes

23 years, since I was 16 working at Dunkin Donuts.

I’ve been at my current job for a little over 5 years.

3 Likes

I started working at 14,

Got a “real” job at 16,

Went to school,

Got a career type job around 22,

Had several bad experiences, got fired a lot, rage quit a bunch,

Finally stopped working at about 32.

I’m currently 36.

I should say that I work part time as an artist’s assistant,

Now.

But I work for mostly art so I don’t really consider it.

2 Likes

1.6 years! I’m surprised that I worked for that long as a translator.

2 Likes

I went to work full-time at 19 and worked until I was 30 to 32 when the SzA kicked in. I moved in with my mom and worked 32 hours a week in my aunt-in-law’s convenience store until December 2007. I was 32 in the early 1990’s

2 Likes

Alot of different jobs for like 10 years. I think it shows how unstable I am and was.

1 Like

Yeah, I have a four year itch. I have changed jobs alot. I am now a part time counsellor for people with disabilities. Enjoying it; but alot of stress sometimes.

1 Like

16 years employed and now 16 by a little bit on the disability pension.

I did menial, low paid work but did it well. Moving to disability was a good move for me. I got rid of stress in my life and started volunteering. I work too much I get stressed and then I get stressed I get paranoid. It’s a cruel cycle and it is nice to work on my terms.

3 Likes

Started working at 13 as a babysitter, 16 as a Pharmacy Sweep, 20 as a dealership bodyshop worker, 24 as a teacher, 40 as an insurance agent, 48 went on disability.

2 Likes

My pattern too, apart from a lot was volunteering and studying
Did work full time for a while
It was fulfilling while it lasted

1 Like