How Many Times Have You Moved?

I have Started the moving process, be awhile, so I am not over worked, I have started getting rid of the things that will not be going on my next move, Going through drawers and stuff, selling and throwing out.

I hate moving and can’t count the amount of times I have moved, been here 12 years now.

Wondering if it is normal for Schizophrenia people to move a lot?

4 Likes

I’m in my 16th place in about 18 years.

ETA 18 years, not 15. I forgot how old I was.

3 Likes

I moved around a lot when I was drinking. This is my fourth move since meeting my wife in 1999. First one was from an apartment to a home we bought. Second was out to the country to help out her parents on the farm. Third was into a small town where Mrs. Squirrel landed a good teaching gig. Now we’re moving north to Barrhead AB as my wife got a tasty continuing contract with the school division there. We’re looking to buy a lot to put a manufactured home on next summer and that will be move number five (we hope).

Speaking of manufactured homes, did you find a new place to move yours?

1 Like

They raised the rents here to 1100 a month about 50 are empty now with about another 100 wanting to move, the houses are to old to move and they are tearing them all down that are to far gone, mine is now a tear down, no one wants to buy here

I’m so sorry. FYI, the trailer park in Barrhead only charges about $210/mth. Have you looked into moving your home elsewhere? There have to be more affordable options.

Mine is to far gone now to move, if they had not raised the rent I would have done repairs but not bothering

Jeez. Kind of sad how manufactured homes depreciate. You have my condolences. I’m still hoping to buy you a Timmies at some point, btw. :wink:

1 Like

Maybe five times. Gosh. That’s utter Bullsh!t. I’m sorry man. But I guess people are doing exactly what the landlords want. No doubt there is a tasty development deal on the table.

3 Likes

no, they are moving in new trailers for sale but no one is buying them, they own all kinds of parks all over North America, just this city has no desire for a high priced park

3 Likes

Since I was a kid, over a dozen. Almost always I am a renter.

2 Likes

Good Lord, don’t they pay attention to the news? At least one third of the downtown core towers are vacant now and there’s a massive property tax crisis.

Probably a score. Every now and then it kind of bugs me that I had to get rid of so much of my belongings in my many moves. I’ve never been married or had kids so all the stuff I accumulated was all mine and I gave away or threw away so much stuff over the years. I could fill a three bedroom house with all the possessions I’ve had to get rid of.

2 Likes

In my whole life probably like 15 times.

1 Like

16 times my adult life. I’m 26. Mostly because I was in college

2 Likes

I was a military brat growing up and we moved like every 3 years to a new base. As an adult I’ve probably moved 5 times. I’ve been where I am now the longest, going on 9 years, but I would move south to Anchorage if I could but I can’t afford to move.

1 Like

I was a US Army brat growing up. My father was a commissioned Army officer during the Vietnam war and our family moved every one to two years.

As an adult, I was always trying to run away from either my brain or bad relationships so I moved very often.

1 Like

Hoping to move for the first time in next 3 months, spent most of my days on council estate, had enough some of the neighbours are desperate can’t wait to get away from tbh

1 Like

Twenty-five times before I moved here. I was twenty-nine when I bought this place and promise myself I would never move again.
I have been here for thirty-six years now.

4 Likes

I think its normal for people with mental Illness. When i moved countless times was always away from my current problems. These days i learned to create solutions to my problems. Like having a regular vaccation or distance myself from the problem.

1 Like

I’ve moved quite a lot and am moving again in about a month to a house down the road from here me and my partner just bought. I’m finally on the property ladder and looking forward to living with him.

I’ve moved a lot though but I don’t intend to move again. My biggest move was moving to the USA to teach. I am glad to be back in my home country now.

4 Likes