How many times have you been told you are faking it by a medical professional?

nope. just the ssri. I think that maybe the problem.

Feeling kind of d@mned if I do and d@mnrd if I dont about all this.

The ssrri they gave helpd enough to a point, but then not really. I still feel very depressed most days. lots of sleep, crying - no d$!## reason, thinking about but not planning suicide.

All of this can go on while taking them exacty as prescribed.
All I can say is:
“they dont work”

2 Likes

Do you have a psychotic disorder? What’s your dx?

1 Like

I hear voices ad music. No official diagnoses really. “amxiety and depression”
is all.

I did tell them, but as I said, I am thinking they dont believe me.

1 Like

Keep pushing. Have you told them what the voices say? I know that was important for my pdoc in determining the differences between my PTSD symptoms and my sz symptoms. Different meds needed for each so it really did matter.

1 Like

I told them. They asked several moths ago during a first appointment.

They never really want to ask about much other than if the ssri or that dosage is working.

My unprofessional guess would be they think it’s linked to anxiety, then. Not psychosis. Hence the SSRI. You might ask about adding a small dose of abilify.

2 Likes

I think the ssri is less than a dollar a pill(and it is a public clinic).:grin:

My AP is less than a dollar a pill. What’s your point?

1 Like

but are there not lab fees and blood test involved?
That would cost too.

Not for my meds.

2 Likes

are you using the ever popular abilify?

No, haldol. But there’s a generic for abilify.

I suggested abilify because it is often used as an adjunct to ADs.

1 Like

Where I am you don’t pay for medication. Saying that I’m on haloperidol which costs hardly anything. Don’t be afraid of first generation antipsychotics as I was, I thought no way am I taking those but once I was forced onto them by injection I realised they are just as good as second generation and can be better.

3 Likes

I may ask, but I will have to see what kind of mood they are in.

I think they are irratated by the constaant med or dosage change? or they dont believe me in the first place about any of it.

Hence my question here.

I haven’t been disbelieved as far as my psychosis goes, although the nurse practitioner seemed to wave away my history of being delusional when I tried to list out my delusions that I remember and the basic age range I had each of them. She also totally didn’t listen to me when I was saying I was falling apart because my grades were still good! Yes, because I’m a workaholic who would kill herself before letting her grades slip unnecessarily. Only once I started talking about needing to quit did they take me seriously about my functionality. If there’s one thing that’s been ignored or that I’m told I’m exaggerating about, it’s my anxiety.

2 Likes

Well, for what it’s worth you don’t seem to have a psychotic disorder from what you’ve told us. From personal experience an AD, maybe with the help of low dose abilify, will hopefully help eventually. If your doctors aren’t helping you, ask for a second opinion.

1 Like

That is good information to have. I know they have their budgets and restrictions,

I just cant believe I am having this conversation.

IMHO, I dont think people needing run of the mill psych or medical care should have to worry about these things.

Yet, they dont mind telling us that suicidal patients cost them higher insurance premiums.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m self-conscious about my diagnosis and not totally embracing it at times, which can sound like I’m not even convinced about my condition.

I had a voc counselor who told me there was nothing wrong with me. Maybe he was trying to be helpful, but he did say he thought my diagnosis of psychotic nos was a ■■■■■■■■ diagnosis.

1 Like

Down playing my condition is not something I do. I think saying I dont talk about my symptoms enough would be fair.

Since I only see the guy a max of 5 mimutes a month, it makes it difficult.

I really would have to spit it out as soon as I walk in.

1 Like