How many social contacts outside of family do you have?

Continuing the discussion from Community treatment orders and social outcomes for patients with psychosis: a 48-month follow-up study:

• 1-5
  • 6-10
  • 11-15
  • 16-20
  • 21+

0 voters

Do your level of social contacts rise and fall with your level of illness, or is your number of social contacts constant regardless of how ill you are?

I am stable ie no fluctuation of severity in terms of how ill I am . I constantly have zero social contacts .

1 Like

I have none…but the thing about me is iam more uncomfortable around family than random people. Unless its a dating situation then its a little weird because I feel like I cant fulfill my side of the relationship. I don’t try to make any friends and it doesn’t really bother me if I do or don’t. I was a little charismatic before my condition though, “knew” a lot of people but only a handful of actual friends I had.

I have 3 friends that all live in different countries and I talk to 2 of them once a year, one in person when he visits. The third I exchange emails with once a month.

So I decided to vote zero as that’s probably not what you meant by social. I assume you meant real life interactions.

Yes,that’s what I meant.

1 Like

I have my husband and kids and my sister and brother who I don’t see that often. I am too paranoid for friends.

1 Like

I have very close relationships with my cousins, and we live nearby, so they’re like friends (actually closer than friends). But they are considered family so that shrinks my contacts down considerably.

Outside of family I have two remaining friends from high school days, and I have a boyfriend. So, 3 social contacts outside of family.

I also have a few co-workers I know but we’re not friends and I have nothing to do with them outside of work.

I have quite a few male aquaintances/friends that I have met online. I am more comfortable with men than women for some reason…