How many people live in a group home

I lived in a group home about a couple of months around that amount of time. It was a non-profit organization to help the mentally ill. They gave you a job, gave you a place to stay, and you had to cook a meal for your roommates, clean the house. It was called Caramoore.

2 Likes

Are u enjoying in group home… how many people with sz live there… we dont have such facilities in our country …i live with old mom and dad…i do nothing…■■■■ this life…!!!

I live in a group home. It’s a good place for me.

1 Like

I enjoyed living in a group home. There was probably 5 or 6 people that live there. Then they have like a different living situation with living in an apartment, but you have to earn it.

3 Likes

Jake do u cook urself…do u have a facilities of servent and maids…i can cook alone…i am helping my mother…

No I don’t cook for myself. My mother just passed away so I’m going to have to cook more. My father just started to cook now because my mother passed away. I go out a get meals a lot of the time.

3 Likes

Jake do u play video games…i used to play but i dont have a ps4 and pc…

I have lived in a home. But not anymore. It was awful. 42 people. I lived there 3 years. I got lost living abroad when things got bad. Thankfully I am home.

When I got back I lived in supported housing for 2 years. It was an apartment complex with staff there. But you get your own flat with staff on site. That was nice. Not like that home I was living in.

I have lived independently for 18 months now. I was living in some sort of care for 5 years. So this is good. I feel good about it. It’s got it’s tough sides to it. But good. I do miss the supported housing. I felt very safe there

I’m glad you like it where you are.

1 Like

No I don’t play video games. When I was younger though I really liked video games.

2 Likes

I lived in a group home for a couple months and hated it. Ended up moving back in with my parents

my doc suggested to live in a group home, a center for stable schizophrenics that live there for free and eat for free and have a nurse that gives them their meds as needed. I am thinking about it… it would be good for socializing…

2 Likes

but I am afraid of people. paranoid thoughts take over and I fear they may steal from me, abuse me, taunt me etc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.