How many people here wear down-jackets in winter?

Downjackets are awful because it makes you look like a cocoon. But I have to wear this type of clothing as Nanjing’s winter is chilly especially in January and Febuary. I had to buy them when the cold weather came. And I got ugly colors because there were not many choices with the colors of downjackets in the clothing shops at that time. I hated it. When I was living in Newcastle Australia between 2002 and 2013, I did not need a downjack at all. I miss the weather.

So how many of you wear downjackets in winter? and do you have one or two lovable downjackets?

2 Likes

I used to wear them all the time because it was the style when I was little. So I wore them when I got older and they went out of style. But gosh, I have way too many jackets. And my grandmother tried to get me another one for christmas!

2 Likes

I live in Canada. I wear the warmest jacket I can find. In the winter it’s fridged cold and if it’s not snowing it’s pouring ice rain sideways. So waterproof is also a must.

Some people here have heated jackets. I wish I could afford one.

1 Like

I’ve got a down jacket I wear in sub 0 degree weather. It’s super puffy and warm.just wear it at work

2 Likes

I live in a place where it’s not too unusual to go with out a coat all winter. I technically don’t own a jacket.

4 Likes

Have u had u morning meal SIS Green6…???

I just ate rice and pulses…!!!

1 Like

I just had an afternoon nap for around 10 minutes, thank you for asking @far_cry0 . You know what, The Chinese people used to ask an acquaintance “have you eaten the meal” as a greeting, but nowadays the young generations in the big cities of China just say “Nihao (how are you?)”. They no longer ask an acquaintance “have you eaten the lunch or dinner”. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m in New England in the US so our winters can get pretty cold. I think my body has adjusted though because I typically only wear a light jacket even if there is snow. Unless there is a bad windchill I won’t wear my big coat. I wore it last week or so because we had a cold front and temps were hitting -14 Fahrenheit. I’m also not outside much this time of year so that helps.

I remember having a down coat as a kid with real feathers and the feathers would always poke my little arms so I never wore one since. I really hate having itchy arms.

I prefer parka style coats.

2 Likes

I can imagine it. I had one of such kind down jacket when I was little. But nowadays the new generations of down jackets no longer have this problem, because the producers don’t use the whole feather but only the fluffs.

1 Like

JI wear one but it’s by north face and it’s not really puffy it’s thin but yet down. North face dona really good collection of jackets and they are VERY warm. Considering how slim this jacket is it keeps me extremely warm. I’ve worn it in frost and snow with just a regular sweater on under it and been warm.

1 Like

I bought a ragged down jacket for five dollars at a thrift store recently. It’s kind of torn up, but it is still serviceable and warm. I think it is duck down instead of goose down, because little pin feathers keep coming our from the lining.

2 Likes

Yes, I think so. Most down jackets in China are made of duck down.

1 Like

Seems like a good idea on their part.

1 Like

I’ve had that happen with goose down before though. But I didn’t know about the duck down. That’s interesting.

When you buy a good jacket and you wear it constantly …that’s me both goose down jackets. One is a body warmer. The other a regular jacket. I don’t regret buying either. Both have their wear.

1 Like

A wise buyer you are. My husband always told me to buy those clothes that you love to wear constantly rather than just being cheap. He said this way you were being economic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.