How many people here are HSP?

How many of us here are highly sensitive? :slight_smile:
I believe I am one.
Is it hard or easy for you to be highly sensitive? :slight_smile: do you sometimes feel like soon you’ll explode because of thousands of different feelings and emotions?
Simply, if you’re HSP, how you feel about this trait? And your coping strategies? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah I’m hard on the outside but soft on the inside. My coping strategy is taking a bunch of sedatives so I don’t care about anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah, they said I was “highly sensitive”…they told me it was a nice way of saying borderline personality disorder! I’m, like, okay…whatever!

4 Likes

I like the term. I always have been. Learning to quiet my mind has been essential. Some coping strategies I use are to learn to separate myself from over-stimulation/technology and take breaks. I noticed that I can experience a spectrum of mind-states that people have to use drugs to achieve but I can do this without drugs and its a better experience. I have to learn to distinct my senstivity and awareness from the aspects or symptoms of the illness because sometimes they feel linked.

Some reasons I am sensitive: I can remember things but I get too stuck in the details or having others dismiss me so I like to hold onto them too much. I noticed I attach too much to negative memories and I need to remember all the positives its like black and white thinking and Im stuck on all the bad. I have had a great life I need to focus on all the good experiences I have.

4 Likes

Oh my :smiley: hah. Still, I don’t think these things are the same:) I am somehow kind of stable but reaaaally sensitive and crybaby :smiley: borderline seems like having lots of instability, while HSP sensitivity.

2 Likes

I am an emotionally sensitive person but a lot of it is related to my bipolar/SZA diagnosis

2 Likes

So relatable!!
For me these are the top things I noticed as being HSP:

1. When I care, or love… I do it actually too deeply,
  2. I feel overwhelmed in crowded places,
  3. Idk :woman_shrugging: but babies, children looves me,
  4. Actually I am an overthinker and think deeply,
  5. I get really nervous around new people or in new places,
  6. I get lost in music,
  7. I need time alone to “recharge my battery”,
  8. Overall, I am sensitive to criticism,
  9. Sensitive to things like wars, disasters etc…
  10. I cry while watching animated movies :slight_smile: fairytales etc,
  11. I am easily hurted.
4 Likes

Why do you believe so ? Maybe its not so related as you think :slight_smile:
Somehow I always was sensitive, but after first psychosis it became even more clear
I just understood it better because I started reading more psychological stuff

1 Like

Mehh not the good way :confused: I believe we shall accept that sensitivity and embrace it. ((Easy to say hard to do, I know))

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve always been sensitive @HyperactiveNectar
Maybe you are right

2 Likes

Yeah I’ll have to cross that road when I get to it. My psychosis isn’t cured so that’s the best I can do for now.

2 Likes

hope you the best :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Since finding out about it in recent years, I too consider myself highly sensitive. Weird thing about it is, I had moments growing up of crying about the strangest things. Now because of my illness, I can’t cry enough, even when I’d like to and need to.

2 Likes

Definitely don’t have that problem.

1 Like

Im very sensitive, in the certain moods at least

1 Like

I’m a highly sexy person.

Don’t feel bad if you stare, I don’t mind.

:blush:

3 Likes

I am too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts.

2 Likes

I used to be, but I think being sensitive can be a symptom of schizophrenia.

I’m not that way anymore really.

3 Likes

:+1:

15characters

1 Like

I’m a highly stupid person

Ever Wondered Why We Laugh When We See Someone Fall Down?

Don’t mind if you stare, I’m used to it.

:blush:

3 Likes