How many of you thought you were the Son or Daughter of God

If the LORD has given you messages that have proven to be true, either knowledge, or accurately knowing future events before they happen, then you are a prophet, or at least have the gift of prophecy.

Problem with people being prophets is often it goes to their head. prophets are supposed to be humble, and only get somewhat arrogant when confronting people who God has chosen to hear a divine word through the prophet…like when Moses confronted Pharaoh, or when Jeremiah was told he would rebuke kings and false prophets…

And of course if someone is just claiming to be a prophet but nothing they say is really happening, they are a false prophet, and it would be a delusion at that point.

And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Deuteronomy 18:21 - 22

Bible even encourages believers to seek prophecy gifts

Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:
And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.
Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

1 Corinthians 14

I think it does benefit if it predicts danger that someone can avoid. I was told twice in what I would say is a prophetic word of knowledge that I should slow down and change lanes because the cops were behind me. I didn’t see any cops but was over the speed limit and in the passing lane…BOTH times the cops came up behind me in that lane and passed… so i would say that prophecy served a purpose in saving me from a speeding ticket

In the book of Jonah he prophecies that the city of Nineveh will be destroyed in 40 days. the people take action and stop their evil living and god spares the city so the prophecy got a whole bunch of people to change their ways for the better…

God granted you divine prophecy so you could beat a speeding ticket?

1 Like

Avoid, not beat. In other words God sent a warning that I should slow down. That is pretty basic. God often gave warnings for people to stop what they were doing or there would be consequences. It wasn’t that God was helping break the law, he was actually telling me to stop doing it, even though to many people driving 10 mph over the limit is nothing. Of course it’s something when you get an $80 speeding ticket for doing it, LOL

I believed I could walk on water. Jesus did that too. That made me feel special. Also I could plant thoughts in other ppl’s minds.

Edit: I did not have a chance to try walking on water because I ended up in hospital.

Let me rephrase, God gave you divine prophecy for such a trivial reason?

We’re close… and that’s the way things should be. Why should God only speak when it’s some earth shaking major event?
here is an example when Jesus told a woman how many times she had been married…just in conversation… some might think trivial, but this was between Jesus and one person, and all he is really doing was showing he had knowledge of her past relationships without having actually been there physically to know this

The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:
For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.
The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

John 4

PS: At the time I could not have afforded a ticket, I wasn’t working and I was living with friends…so at the time the fine of a speeding ticket wouldn’t have been so trivial actually.

Just seems a waste to spend his time helping you avoid traffic tickets when billions suffer and die and I hate to break this to you, but you’re not Jesus.

I know i’m not Jesus and never said I was… but God can speak to people individually about big things or little things.
At that time in my life I was being guided by god and doing many things, helping take people to church, taking people to hospitals for appointments and to visit relatives, fixing up their homes, involved in a church… only money i made was when someone might pay me for giving them rides.
Both my pastor at the time and the Christian people i stayed with told me God would protect me and guide me when i was on a mission for him… Not a one of them thought it was a trivial prophecy.
My pastor herself often went alone way into the mountains of north west Washington, very remote and rugged. she was in her late 60s. she had many stories of how God guided her, spoke to her, and helped her through some of those wilderness adventures.

Who is comes first,the chicken or the egg?
=we say :smile:the chicken !
1-if you believe that,the egg is comes first.
-imagine that,there is an impregnate egg
-after time,it gives a chick,me be its a cock or chicken
-now we look to a single chick { as a cock or chicken}…OK
-if we supposed that,the chick is a chicken {1}
-the single chicken can gives many non impregnate eggs
-all non impregnate eggs does not give any chick ,wherever
all these eggs can be used in the lunch /dinner !
-to have impregnate eggs,we need a cock to be unity with the chicken {1}

in sum,if the egg is existed before the chicken,the egg must be
turn into SINGLE chicken or cock,and the creation of the chickens/cocks
must be starting from one single chicken or cock

SO THAT,if the first egg produces a cock,the cock has needs
to a chicken to produce the generations of chickens /cocks {sons}
and if the first egg is a chicken,it needs to a cock to gives a
impregnate eggs…

even if the first egg contain a twin {cock+ chicken}
after pip out,and mate,all generations of cocks and chickens
are establishment as a sons of the first cock/chiCKEN

THE HUMAN BEINGS IS THE SAME;
ALL HUMAN BEINGS GENERATIONS ARE THE SONS OF THE
FIRST FATHER /MOTHER NOT SOMETHING ELSE
WHATEVER THE WAY OF CREATION OR THE CAUSES OR THE MECHANISM

THUS,WE ARE THE SONS OF HUMAN AND CREATURES OF GOD

1 Like

Genesis 5 regarding people “male and female he created them”

So CHICKEN(S) came first, a cock and a hen…

If people want to go with the eggs then there had to be 2 eggs to start everything going… :slight_smile:

1 Like

edit: btw that post is directed to the forum at large.

I sometimes feel like Jesus is speaking through me when I say or observe something, like the words I spoke came from no where and the feeling and meaning behind it was not myself… Thought when I read from the bible the words I spoke carried over the mountains and through reality, still have these feelings at times, could never be sure if it was real or not. Have you ever felt like you have met angels who crossed paths with you only for a moment? An interesting phenomenon for sure!

How many of you thought you were the Son or Daughter of God ?

Just 1 of me.

I felt I was “Jesus”, or “The son of God” but I did always put myself below God. Because I wouldn’t make myself suffer if I was god. But thinking back now I wouldn’t trade my soul for anything because I believe in my soul and I believe in suffering and believe in heaven being that much better if there is one, if you suffered to get there. The end.

I started out as a prophet and then later became Jesus himself.

Apparently I was going to “bring down the house through initiating earthquakes” if the people wouldn’t listen to me

Also thought I could speak in Chinese and any other language basically…unfortunately it was complete jibberish

1 Like

And yes, I can say I was of divine importance. Sent here to change things, to have followers and the like…though I guess that could be solved with a twitter account j/k. I still get that sense, but I do by best to ignore it as my future is MY OWN. Also, I don’t believe in God, so that makes it very confusing.

This thread is almost a month old and it appears that most members have had a chance to respond to the original question. This topic is now closed. New replies are no longer allowed.