How many of you have attempted suicide in your past?

I don’t know how to create a poll, so, just answer yes or no.

My answer is yes.

1 Like

Idk i never physically harmed myself to attempt suicide but my case manager says going to the train tracks to get ran over is an attempt to unplug from the matrix. (metaphorically of course)

3 Likes

No never attempted …are u suicidal now gina…hope god gives inner strength to pass this time…

1 Like

Have you ever attempted suicide?

• Yes
  • I Don’t Know
  • No

0 voters

I gotchu Gina

2 Likes

No, I am very, very far away from suicidal. I am very happy in my life right now. I was just curious about everyone’s status on this subject.

3 Likes

What would you want to commit suicide for? (if u don’t mind me asking)
I hope you know what ever you go through, it’s not the end of the world. You got your whole life ahead of you.

1 Like

U are good woman ginalove…!!!

2 Likes

I’m not suicidal but I hope I don’t live more than another 15 years. That would be perfect.

1 Like

That’s what I said right before I wanted to actually off myself.

At the time that I was suicidal, I felt that my life was hopeless and I saw no end in sight. And I saw no answers to my seemingly hopeless problems. I thought that suicide was my only answer.

Now, that is not the case. My life today is not hopeless. And I want to live. I am very content today.

3 Likes

That’s good. I’m glad you feel better :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you, @anon1571434.

1 Like

Thank you, @far_cry0.

I have never attempted suicide

4 Likes

I considered suicide. But my mind is cognitively impaired and I have trouble thinking things through so I just made random decisions and obsessed over them… These days I feel I need to make an effort everyday to be happy in order to avoid looming dark thoughts.

I took 20 painkillers not long ago but it really wasn’t an attempt. I was just so distraught and in pain I didn’t know what to do. I ended up in emergency for the night.

1 Like

I think one of the best things I did would not be called a wise decision. But it got me relief and without said relief, I probably would have tried permasleep more than I did.

1 Like

sadly, yes. 8 times

1 Like

Yeah I remember my whole psychotic experience pretty well. After 2 weeks of arguing with the newly onset voices pretending to be almost anyone and everyone I know… I drove to meet and old friend and when that didn’t help I tried taking my own life.

Luckily my friend had woken up by the time I got around to it. She called 911 and from there it was just more insanity… frankly strange how they handle psychos. There isn’t much respect involved. Cuffed, cabbed, and driven hours away…

I arrived late and was checked out by a migrant doctor… He didn’t speak clear english. I’ve always responded to authorities with respect.

Sat out there reading on a bunk that was too short for me for about 6 days. Doing sudoku puzzles and things. The guy in there was an army brat who was trying grow pot in his girlfriends closet. Apparently was prone to attempt suicide. One of the others guys would trash his room and throw ■■■■ around and yell. One of the nicer older women had been there long enough they would let her go out for walks. They’d take us to the gym but all the equipment was mix-matched or missing.

There was a small courtyard within the building… it was too hot to enjoy at all, but they forced us to go outside. One of the girls from my town was out there. Wound up working with her at domino’s but I never reached out.

I ate well. Gained a ■■■■ load of weight, but it probably was crucial.

I was never suicidal before… but afterwards there was a lot of resonant depression and ideation.

I actually kind of miss the hospital. Lots of cooks in there and all the pressures of life are removed. Get to be the patient.

It’s funny. They were cycling me through all kinds of medications between my two hospital visits… none of them put a damper on my psychosis. It was more the environment.

But jeeze… the focus was just on getting us prepped to look good to our family members… they’d put us through routines just to try to start training us back to life. Recovery was very much not the focus… but just mandating normal behavior and proper response to structure and order.

Let sleeping psychos lay… they basically never get sleep… assholes would wake me up every single day. Like being a night owl wasn’t an option.

2 Likes

Yes, I have, more than once.

1 Like