How many of you have a career?

I’ve never really had a career and I’m starting to wish I had one. I’ve been traveling many years and had odd jobs here and there, none lasting more than a year. As I get older I’m foreseeing that a stabler job would be a blessing.

1 Like

I have a successful carrier in schizophrenia.
:crazy_face:

8 Likes

It’s gotten to the point that I have to function at a higher level.

1 Like

I’m a college graduate and I work in a nursing home. I am starting my doctorate next fall thankfully. Haven’t necessarily started my career yet but I do make enough to get by.

6 Likes

Thats awesome. Sounds like you’re doing a good job.

I’ve worked for almost 7 years at 3 different jobs before my illness. I’ve also worked for 2.5 years afterwards, so it can be done but it’s rather hard. I’m currently looking for a part-time job and also working on personal projects that may or may not fill my emptying purse.

1 Like

Forgot to say, each time I changed jobs, my salary and job title got better (with one exception), so if not for this effing illness I could have been pretty comfortable right now, money and status wise. Oh well. At least I get to work on personal projects that I really enjoy and I’m no longer trapped in the 9 to 6 (+ commute time) work schedule.

1 Like

I really have no major plans.
I would like to be promoted on my janitor job and someday be a big piece of the company.

2 Likes

can live with people for an hour tops.

2 Likes

I wish I would have gotten a degree in something easier, so it wouldn’t be difficult working.

I wish I would have gotten a degree in something that actually could make me some money (mine was philosophy)

4 Likes

I HAD a career. I lost it 30 years ago. I was always either too afraid to pick up another one, or, I was always unsuccessful in every other career I tried.

1 Like

I have mostly been a caregiver for the past twenty years but my wife and I started a microbusiness making mobile apps about 6 years ago. It doesn’t make much money but it keeps us busy.

4 Likes

I recently gave up my career in data analysis due to my condition.

Trying to get back into my secondary career role of Landscaper, but I am struggling at the moment.

Life is really starting to suck with no purpose - and it’s really getting to me

2 Likes

i have a career in library cataloging. i like the field only the pay is very low.

also it feels sometimes like a sixth grader that is an excellent student could do it too.

judy

2 Likes

Yo u can do it man, also doing physical work maybe gets u out of your head

1 Like

I’m just working part-time in retail for now.

1 Like

Physical work can be quite therapeutic

2 Likes

I don’t work and haven’t in a long time. I get a pension from the VA so I do have an income. Stress is a major trigger for me.

2 Likes