How loud are your auditory hallucinations?

are they are loud as every day noises? like if it’s voices are the voices as if they are talking to you? do you ever hear things that are lower or higher volume?

sometimes i hear hallucinations that are normal sound, but sometimes they are lower in volume. i’m wondering if that’s normal and other people’s experience.

2 Likes

When I heard voices, I would hear them just like with my ears. I could tell what distance and direction they were coming from.

1 Like

When I was hearing voices, sometimes I would hear them loud and sometimes I would hear them quiet but I would always hear them through my ears. And they always sounded like they were coming from the next room.

1 Like

Whispers are soft, almost quiet, they come from behind me

Crowd is louder, sounds like a noisy restaurant.

Voices sound just like someone is standing in the room, talking at an even volume, clear as day.

Angels stand, almost hugging me, just above me and to the right, sometimes they boom with how loud they are.

1 Like

Whispers are low, voices are normal or low, toddlers get excited and can get louder depending on how excited, objects are normal or low, and the voice that pops into my head is loud and clear.

i hear them psychically through the walls.

The way I would describe mine are like normal volume and then at other times just really loud and sometimes I wonder if it’s just one because of how loud it gets. It’s like this bunch of chatter/noise/static in my brain I’m still trying to figure out how to describe it exactly.

Sometimes they are even more louder than everyday noises. I hear them in my head, so internal voices. Most of them are internal voices but they are so loud. They are also very haunting and feel very real.

2 Likes

I get two types of voices. Whispers, barely noticeable and only come when I listen for them. And louder but still faint voices when I get stressed.

1 Like

normal volume as if someone was in the room with me and inner monologue volume if i remember

1 Like

Mine are in my head… sometimes audible and it’s like someone is in another room kind of sound… Sometimes it speaks from my mouth which is the most irritating.

1 Like

Voices sound like people I know but not immediate family. At the worst they tell me they want to kill me which makes me sad.

1 Like

I hear voices like someone is talking to me, although their answers are short and low on vocabulary. Usually when I’m focus on a task they stop talking to me, but I can’t be focus 100% of the time, although I do my best to do so specially in classes, where I try to write as much as I can so that the time flies faster and I don’t deal so much with them.

The major positive about the meds is that although I still hear them, I don’t feel as much depressed or sad when they try to get me upset. Before I took the meds, no matter how focus I was, I would still hear them as loud as someone talking to me and the worst part was how they wanted me to feel upset all time…

1 Like

When I was full blown psychotic I could hear the voices over anything on the outside. I would walk into a loud room, a place with a loud machine and even by a white water river making a loud churning noise and the voices would turn up the volume and ruin the moment. With the meds that’s much less likely to happen.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.