How long until you get psychosis again after coming off meds

Same as you about a year later the ‘things’ start to come back.

I got once off of meds and was in hospital again 6 months later.

I once got off meds for a month. At the end of the month I heard a voice that sounded familiar. I hear voices all the time, but this one reminded me of the beginning of a breakdown. I ended up taking meds. It wasn’t just the voice though. The worlds on fire when I don’t take meds.

1 Like

Me between 3 weeks and 3 months without my neuroleptics and go hospital for psychosis.

I was taken off APs nearly four months ago. No change to my negative symptoms. I think I have the wretched things for the rest of my life. :frowning:

I have never come off meds. It’s too dangerous for me. I need them.

My doctor told me that everytime we come off meds and have a psychotic episode we get more brain damage and thereby more negative symptoms. Dont know if that’s true or if he was trying to scare me but food for thought. When i came off the third time my voices were gonna get me to jump off a building no joke scared me im staying on meds.

3 Likes

I stopped my medication for five days before and that’s when I started getting psychosis again. Only started to get psychosis again - not full blown. Still, it isn’t good. I really can’t be off of my medication.

1 Like

6 months for me

It’s not only the negative that gets worse the positive get worse too

1 Like

My psychosis gets worse if I quit meds , however if I take to much meds it gets way worse . Just take zyprexa at night now

After going off Latuda it took about a week before I started hearing voices again. (I took a small amount of seroquel which didn’t replace it adequately.) At first I seemed to be in control and could cut off the voices at will. Soon though they were back in control and I was back in the psych ward. By then it was almost 2 months later.

1 Like

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Volunteer Moderator

Anywhere between 2 days and 3 months in my experience.