How long to clean

Hi peeps, Im just trying to get a handle on this whole showering thing and realize that the experience may vary greatly. So once you manage to get yourself in the shower how long does it take to get yourself clean?

• 10 minutes
  • 15 minutes
  • 30 minutes
  • 45 minutes
  • 1 hour

0 voters

1 Like

I set the timer on my phone for 5 minutes and 10 seconds and press go!

I go under the cold water for about 15-20 seconds to get myself all wet.

I step out from under the shower and stop the shower.

I lather myself with shampoo and brush my back with the long handled brush.

I step under the cold shower and go for 3 minutes washing myself vigorously to combat the freezing cold water.

I get out invigorated and shocked from the cold water.

All done in 5 or 6 minutes every morning.

You don’t mess around when the water is not hot. I do it to keep my fibromyalgia in remission Wim Hoff style and it works a treat.

3 Likes

10 minutes is usually enough, but I don’t scrub down every time I shower. I will wash my hair, upper torso and arms, and private parts. My back and legs I only wash on rare occasions, but rinsing them and drying off with a towel afterwards seems to be ok. At least I haven’t had any problems with it. I usually shower every day. Sometimes I might stand in the shower a few minutes extra and just relax feeling the water flow.

2 Likes

Id never get in at all if I had to take a cold one.

3 Likes

You would if you felt the pain of fibromyalgia and it basically cures it.

3 minutes of freezing torture is worth it for 24 hours of ache free muscles.

2 Likes

I like your plan of attack, Im trying to get my own shower down to 10 min.

2 Likes

10 minutes.
1 or 2 minutes for the body
and the rest for my long hair and beard

3 Likes

Generally under five minutes.

5 Likes

Im in and out in 10 mins. I generallg have about 3 showers a week.

2 Likes

I get in the bath and shave my armpits and that takes about five minutes

2 Likes

How do you get your time down so low? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Use right hand for scrubbing head, neck, shoulders (silicone scalp brush for scalp and pore cleaning brush for face and neck). Use left hand for scrubbing rest of body (longer handled scrub brush with rough sponge).

2 Likes

Under 5 mins as a rule.

Never spend 10 mins in the shower even when I was covered in mud from landscaping

2 Likes

I do fifteen minutes because i love the piping hot water. I turn it all the way up and just stand there. Probably 5 mins to clean with soap and rinse. Then 10 mins of just standing there letting thebwater massage my bald head and neck.

1 Like

And you still felt clean enough when you were done?

1 Like

Yeah I wash my hair then I get wet then step back and apply shower gel, then rinse it off and done.

When I do shower, after I wear under arm deodorant that says 48 hour on it

But never really spent long having showers.

Main thing is clean clothes and bed as well

Not saying I am good at those things, but I think it’s more of a general thing hygiene than just the act of having a shower

2 Likes

I dont go according to time. I go according to these steps.

Wet body and head
Shampoo hair
Soap entire body and face last
Except feet and bum
Rinse entire body
Soap feet
Soap bum last using left hand
Wash and rinse hands
Rinse bum with hose
Rinse private and legs and feet with hose
Rinse feet
Rinse entire body again
Rinse hand

2 Likes

as quick as possible. i wash every part of my body from bottom to top, sometimes if the water is hot i will sit in the shower for a few minutes to relax but most of the time i try to wash every part of body as quick as possible because sometimes the hot water makes me almost faint so i try to get the washing done first

2 Likes

Adjusting temperature 2 minutes
Showering 3 minutes…
Resting 45 min

2 Likes

I do 10 minutes. Often in the morning I set a timer for 9 minutes and shower while my oven is cooking my breakfast. My mum thinks 10 minutes isn’t short, but thats how long it takes me most days.

2 Likes