How long till Zyprexa(Olanzapine) starts blocking voices?

I started taking 5mg Zyprexa(Olanzapine) 5 days ago because the 300mg Seroquel i take at evening doesn’t rid all the voices. I also take 2g Sarcosine and 54mg Concerta(i allso have adhd).

I have only minor auditory hallucinations, hearing silent talking but not so loud i could hear what the voices talk about.

How long do you think it will take for the Zyprexa to help ? My nurse wasn’t sure…

Zyprexa kicked in pretty quickly for me. To me, it seems like one of the stronger atypicals. When I was on this drug I slept a lot and I craved sugar. If Zyprexa doesn’t work maybe you could try Geodon. Give it a little time. If it doesn’t work maybe you could try another drug.

It seems to help my son fairly quickly however his doses are 10 mg.

It took me around 1 week until i started noticing reduction of voices. Now i have been on it for 9 days and the voices are almost gone.

I would give it a couple of weeks to a couple of months - it varies with each person and medication.
Olanzapine is a very effective med, usually - I would love to be on it again, but it did a number on my metabolism

Usually 4 weeks

Hows it going on zyprexa? Is it helping?

Sorry i didn’t realize thread was so old