How long have you been under mental health services continuously?

I have been on their books for 4 years now.

Before I always discharged myself, but now they don’t let me do it.

Not sure how long this arrangement/support will last, as I got discharged by my lead practitioner before and that really unsettled me, as Sz is a life time illness, and I felt they just expected me to cope with no support with my medications

if I’m not mistaken it’s been about 12 years, but I could be remembering that wrong, there could be a break in there.

About 10 years …

21 years. I was on medication for bipolar before I had schizoaffective disorder.

I’ve been receiving mental health care since 1973. Due to several, moves especially before getting social housing, I went under the radar screen a few times. Main reason GPs not liaising as they should with mental health services.

Current stretch is the longest 1998-2020. To put it bluntly,a lot of GPs are remedial class level when it comes to their patients with mental health problems

2 Likes

Mostly since 2005. I did see someone around 1997-98. Then hospitalized around 2000 and 2002.

Twelve years, since September 2008. Before then my care was sporadic.

4 years then I was transferred to the gp mental health nurse.

Over 23 years :open_mouth: . Ive seen shrinks and CPNS come and go. They all seem to spout the same old lines - and i often see it coming lol.

I also have the uncanny ability from being in MH services so long - to be able to tell when someones “milking” their mild depression or whatever to claim benefits lol.

Continuous CTO since 2011. Been sectioned 13 times. Continuous harassment from them. Going to disengage fully this time.

Since I was a kid. It’s been a very long time.

Since ‘06. I would have preferred 2002 but I did not have healthcare then so I had about 5 years untreated which was like Hell. That’s why I’m for universal healthcare. I don’t think anyone should have to suffer like I did. Unfortunately, many people think otherwise so we have much more suffering than necessary. It creates a wounded world. Pretty bleak, I know.

i wish i can get out of this whole mess.but its out of my hands.

Twenty years, going back to January 2000, following my first suicide attempt.

Three years. Would like to not be involved with them anymore to be honest with you. Hopefully at some point I’ll have a family of mine own and I’ll be recovered… ?

About 8 years. Been through about 5 med changes. Abilify was the best one I was ever on but I have to hav a injection now Of flupentixol :frowning:

25 years, 1995!

iv been taking zyprexa then amuilspride since 2014

6 years. 42069710

For 26 years, since 1994 for those bad at math.