How long did your schizophrenia come on for?

I started feeling very depressed in late 2015 (12-ish?), triggered by the death of a family friend. I became obsessed with the occult in 2015 or 2016 (not 100% sure because my memories have been pretty foggy). I started hearing voices in summer 2016, a bit after my grandfather’s passing. So in all, it progressed over the course of about a year. It may have been even earlier, since I don’t remember much.

Probably earliest was 15 into 16, then I was sectioned when I was 17

My sz started in March or April in 1996 after I drunk some wine. I deunk the wine at a weekend and I got headache for the coming Saturdy and Sunday. but my headache didn’t disappeared and then in following month I got depressed. I also had a break in the 1997 Q1,Q2. During my break, I took some Chinese herbal medicine and my headache still didn’t disappear and the herbalist said He couldn’t cure me. during the following years, I failed some subjects in my college and passed some exams with low marks and relearned the failed subjected… but in the end I graduated. After the graduation, I joined the General Motors in Shenyang, China. After half a year, I was fired because of bad performance. I continued to see doctors and in 2001 I was diagnosed with Sz.

In 1996 I was 20 years old.

I had issues with Depression and anxiety as a teenager. Then around 24 or 25 i had prodromal phase, where I started becoming more paranoid, very sensitive to light and sound. I had terrible mood swings, severe agitation and restlessness. Although I started hearing voices around that time as well so my prodromal stage didn’t last that long.

I’ve had minor symptoms since I was a toddler, and noticeable symptoms since 9. They were triggered by the stress of my parents divorce, but I’m pretty sure I’m just born with a shitty brain.

In kindergarden I usually walked home. One day I didn’t come home for dinner, but nobody my mum called had seen me. Half the village went searching for me. Where was I? Lying in a ditch talking to myself.
I was 6.

I definitely had undiagnosed depression as a kid and didn’t have my emotional or social needs met. This made it harder to express myself. I got into smoking weed and drinking when I was 13, and did it more frequently until I was 16 - and thats when I noticed things going weird.
That said, I remember being 13 or so and my best friend and my girlfriend got together, and I heard their voices in my room. Which was an auditory hallucination way before psychosis.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.