How long did it take for AD to work out for you?

I’ve been two weeks on AD prozac and my mood is fluctuating somewhere in the middle with negatives which is kind of annoying. Should be working in the workshop, but instead I’m now laying in bed.
I just upped my dose to 20mg today

1 Like

Two weeks is early days
Also your on a low dose
Keep an eye on it you may need more time or higher dose or you might need try something else

2 Likes

About a month. But only barely. It really only started working a few weeks after we upped the dose.

2 Likes

I agree with shellys12. Two weeks is still early and 20 mg is a low dose. I am on Lexapro, it started helping in the first two weeks, but didn’t reach maximum effectiveness until after a month. You have plenty of room to increase your dose if you need to, but give it a bit of time at the 20 mg dose to see if you need it. It’s always good to take the lowest effective dose.

3 Likes

I’m one of those people that can feel effects right away. It maximizes after a few weeks, but if something is going to work for me it does so right away.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.