How long before this becomes mandatory?

An app like this could help those who choose to voluntarily participate but if it takes hold then how long until it becomes a court ordered requirement?

1 Like

If there is a legal right to refuse medication and treatment I can’t see an app taking president over that. Although I could certainly be wrong :smile:

The courts can order treatment when you’ve been committed. I, and others I’ve known, have been ordered to participate in day programs to avoid being returned to the hospital. I have a friend in Australia who was ordered to get depot injections.

Face it, the gun lobby in this country is way too powerful. No one is touching the issue of gun control - so I guess we are going to be under the microscope from now on. This is an insidious way of monitoring us and I do believe that this will become a mandatory way of dealing with us ( the severely mentally ill) - A clear invasion of our privacy and rights

4 Likes

I completely agree. I would remove this app from my phone.

Gee, I won’t get a smart phone, would they buy this to me :slight_smile: They can try to install the app in my cell phone, the most basic model in the market :smiley:

I am not telling my mom this even exists. Omg okay one of my delusions is that people are watching me all day and night. Having this app would be a nightmare. Didn’t they consider the illness itself when making this app?

2 Likes

They want to make you more paranoid in addition to our existing paranoia. It will be the pure hell :smile:

1 Like

Totally unacceptable and open to first amendment constitutional religious freedom violations… says the app monitors conversations on the phone and off… so say i am alone, which i am a lot and praying, or even just talking…its going to record that I am alone and talking to myself? I talk to animals, a lot, even little insects, birds, rabbits, anything…not just pets. I talk to trees! And much of this falls under religious belief system being Christian so i pray aloud, and native american so i connect with animals and pray aloud as well…
And while it says the content of conversation isnt recorded (Thats ok, others take care of that one for them), duration is, and it’s nobodies darn business if i spend 3 hours on the phone at one time, or 5, or 7…and I’ve talked that long on the phone before. Or if I go and talk at my wifes memorial its none of their business…

And GPS? I wouldnt even have a pattern. While i stay around the house within a 1/4 mile usually, i do go out and there is no schedule or set times. it’s whenever the opportunity is available…and I usually go to one area…but what if like last month i went to another area where i had to go to buy some roof repair material for my house? Would the app say i was deviating from my normal pattern?

I’d say this thing would be for people who wanted to use it, but could not be forced, unless our entire society became like the Minority Report movie where people were monitored and picked up before they committed a crime, being suspected of going to do something later which could not be proven…in such case there would probably be complete social upheaval .

Minority Report:
“The film’s central theme is the question of free will versus determinism. It examines whether free will can exist if the future is set and known in advance. Other themes include the role of preventive government in protecting its citizenry, the role of media in a future state where electronic advancements make its presence nearly boundless, the potential legality of an infallible prosecutor, and Spielberg’s repeated theme of broken families.”

1 Like