How is your relationship with exercise?

Mine is horrible. It’s nothing short of obsessive and I’m taking serious note of it lately, trying anything I can to tune it down.

1. I can never take 2 consecutive rest days. 2. A hospital stay will not stop me from doing bodyweight exercises 3. I have diminishing returns, meaning little to no progress from it.

I’m realizing lately this has been my main issue for over 5 years now. It’s like a mix of schizophrenia and ocd snowballed into one.

Just curious everyone else’s relationship with exercise or if you have anything similar that you are obsessed with?

3 Likes

I’m currently obsessing about nothing. I do care about a lot of things.

I either walk or bike every day. It’s my way to keep a healthy weight. But it’s not about performance, it’s about being healthy.

2 Likes

I have a bad relationship with exercise I can’t even walk very far at all right now but even without being injured it’s not good

1 Like

I don’t feel in the mood to exercise tbh. I know I will eventually need to though as it is important aspect of my life.

My trouble is starting again after stopping for a bit. It’s hard work but routine helps me but I wouldn’t mind some obsessive motivation sometimes. I know it’s a problem when it is full on but rest days are good especially if your going hard at it. Is there anything you can do that is relaxing? I play computer games and it is one of the few things I can concentrate on for a time and relax…

1 Like

I can’t even walk far, either, like @Twialine . I weigh 260 lbs and my right leg is hurt in two places. I really really have no choice but to start walking every day. I spent four days at home after getting my two jabs in my arms, a fifth covid vaccine and a flu vaccine, which I believe hurt my mental health. It’s only speculation but I did terribly afterwards mentally. I know it affected me physically: never in my whole life have I found it impossible to get out of bed, like the first day after.

I do about 300-500 reps every morning. I’d like to get into the routine of 2000+ reps every other day but don’t do bigger workouts much.

I barely ever do it, and when I do some I feel like Ive conquered mount Everest when in reality its probably a very short work out for most fitness freaks.

I am debating whether to go to the gym or not today due to a sprained knee. Thinking of just using the bike when I get there but may delay it to tomorrow.

Non existent. Its a goal for me to start exercising though. I bought resistance bands. I just want to do like 50 reps every day. Get some strength back. Im so incredibly out if shape. I used to work out every day. I also landscaped for work. I was in very good shape. I could do physical labor for 10 hours a day. Now bringing a load of wood in has me out of breath.

3 Likes

What kind of reps are you talking about? 300 sounds like a lot

300 reps? That must be some really light weight. Yoj only need like 40 to 60

1 Like

It’s complicated.

1 Like

Total amount not at once. Mostly dumbbell curl bar wrist crunchers.

1 Like

Have you went to the doctor for this?

I struggle to get myself to exercise.

I’m currently doing pump twice a week (skipped this week) and half a hour spinning and five minutes of sit-ups the other days and I’m still overweight.

My body looks the same when I exercise than when I don’t exercise.

My body is fat despite all my exercise and eating little and healthy.

I have to starve myself and be malnutritioned to have normal weight.

1 Like

love/hate

Terrible. I know i need to start, but I can’t make myself do it. The last few times I worked out, my depression crashed bad almost immediately after. I am addressing a possible Prozac increase with my pnurse this morning, so maybe that would help.

I only have one bathroom in my little townhouse, and it’s upstairs. Literally the only exercise I get is climbing the stairs to pee. Which makes me winded usually. Which is not good.

1 Like

Of what? Pushups? Thats insane. Lol.

I used to be into weight lifting in my 20s. Now ive shifted to fun sports like mtn biking and also walking at parks.

I try to be on the moderate side otherwise i dont enjoy it.

2 Likes

Before meds I used to exercise everyday now I don’t do anything