How is your PHYSICAL health?

I feel like I never see threads on this O.o having issues with physical health can impact mental health. I know it does for me. I have narcolepsy, overactive bladder, PCOS, insulin resistance and am pretty badly overweight, not obese I don’t think but still bad.

My narcolepsy is kind of controlled. I have bad days and good days. Most days I still need at least one nap, but I feel like most people need a daily nap! My sleep overall has been improving lately since I started taking seroquel again at night. My overactive bladder I just cannot seem to get under control and it is a massive nuisance. The PCOS and insulin resistance I am almost entirely sure are weight related and I am currently focused on having a healthier diet with an appropriate amount of calories so I can hopefully lose some of this weight though historically I do not have a great history of losing a lot of weight and what weight i do lose i tend to regain when i have any sort of life stressor.

How about you guys?

My physical health is good. I have bad skin but antibiotics sort it out.

Very bad, gained 165lb, taking meds for high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes. I am only 30 y.o. recently. I stay in bed all day everyday, only get up to eat and play videogames once or twice a week.

I used to have horrible skin but Accutane and birth control cleared it right up! At least I don’t have to deal w that anymore :relieved:

2 Likes

I get high cholesterol too on occasion but mostly its just when I’m eating out too much. When I cut back on the fast food my values go back to normal.

I gained about 65 lbs recently because of terrible luck with a hormonal IUD. I never thought I’d lose my figure at 25 as well as have all these health problems so I know how you feel there. I spend most of my days in bed as well. I know its terrible to not exercise but it is hard enough for me to just brush my teeth every day much less work out. Still its on my list of things to get around to eventually. I’m trying to change my lifestyle one step at a time to make it easier.

2 Likes

I’m overweight, I suffer with type 2 Diabetes, I have high blood pressure and I also have high cholesterol and triglycerides.
This is why I’m considered a high Covid risk.

I’m overweight, have psoriatic arthritis, fibromyalgia, erosive osteoarthritis and they thought lupus based on weird things I have happen. I just say I have autoimmune issues to describe it all. High cholesterol through genetics. Bad teeth. Chronic pain. Recurrent trans ischemic attacks.

My physical body has schizophrenia; it’s barely hanging on and everything is a strain.

My physical health is actually perfect. Took a lot of work to get it there but most of my issues had to do with weight.

3 Likes

I’m overweight but thankfully my blood pressure is normal.

Obese , pain in hip area, walking short distance results in lower back pain(apparently not due to arthritis), a sore right sole of foot which came and went but came back again- hard skin.

Overweight but getting better. Down to a solid 100kgs from 110 which was my heaviest. My heart rate and blood pressure is way better and I’m doing a lot of exercise. I think it makes a huge difference. Other than that…take statins for high cholesterol and have gout which is medically controlled. I’m fitter now at 50 than I was when I was 30.

2 Likes

I have three chronic medical conditions and another one which I don’t know if will be chronic yet. I’m on three daily meds for three different conditions. I also recently had acute appendicitis. But I work out a lot and I’m not overweight. My physical health is not the best considering my young age, but it could be worse.

I’m obese have postural hypotension
Thyroid under active and pretty severe reflux
Bunions

I have sleep apnea. Otherwise healthy. I turn 50 soon but I do smoke.

1 Like

I’m about 25-30 lbs over my target weight. Considering I was very active in my 20’s and 30’s I’ve slowed down quite a bit and have to work at keeping my weight in check.

Not wonderful at the moment. I’m recovering from a pacemaker replacement surgery yesterday. The good news is that it’s dealing with my heart problems better than the unit it replaced, but the bad news is that it can’t fix everything. At least I’ll be able to walk more and try and get my weight back down that crept up on me. I lost access to my walking track and gym with treadmill early this spiring with the lockdown, and then my walking was limited as the a-fib got worse and the last pacer couldn’t work around it. My goal is to get back up to 10,000 steps a day by end of summer.

My teeth are crap, but they’re all coming out by the middle of next month. Then that problem is gone and I won’t be scared to have a chunk of carrot in a salad any longer.

1 Like

I just passed an annual history and physical. I got a host of chronic problems: frequent, severe migraines, intractable constipation, degenerative osteoarthritis, bilateral hearing loss.

I recently and am still suffering from a broken great toe.

1 Like

I’m a little overweight.
I have triglycerides but sport will help me for that.

4 kg overweight.

PCOS

Pulsatile tinnitus