How is your living conditions? (Poll)

• Very Good
  • Good
  • Bearable
  • Unbearable

0 voters

Hello, Ive lost my home in UK and had to move back to Lithuania and I have to sleep in the same room as my parents, there are lightning malfunction on the house that half of the rooms dont have electricity or light. Toilet is awful and unclean, no flush available as I flush with bucket of water. We dont have a shower or bath so i shower in a tub while holding a jar with water. We dont have hot water (Very limited) as it is old furnace based semi-detached house. In one of the rooms there live my grandmother with thinking disability and dementia and often starts talking loudly non-sense at night or start screaming and triggers my SZ. There are many flies in the house (from fruit flies to ■■■■ flies) as there are many rats living in the house that are sometimes few dead in the ceiling and walls and spreads flies and horrible smell at home. We have barely any cutlery or plates, my mom does not wash them properly as there is a lack of hot water and my grandmother is very unsanitary as she gets vaginal infection while touching her privates with hands and shitting herself, then touches the sames plates or cutlery herself. There used to be lice at home one time, when i had so shave my head because of it.

Oh my god, that sounds so bad. I pray for you.

Can you concentrate on people talking in videos? If you can, you might be able to train for a remote job like web development online.

2 Likes

That sounds terrible man. How do you have internet? There must be somewhere else you can stay, like a shelter or something?

I have anhedonia, I sleep 16 hours a day and my concentration is awful, the pc 1000USD that i bought im being pressured to sell by my parents and use 10 years old laptop. (I earnt it while i was living in the UK) now i have 0 income, i dont even get benefits.

Well, Internet is really cheap in the eastern Europe and fast, my parents pay like 5USD for 6MBPS internet (which can be upgraded to 15mbps for free but my parents dont do it, because i dont know why)

Are you on medication?

Yes, Invega and Lexapro, depakote and artane.

1 Like

Don’t sell the PC, for starters.

Can you find an easy, part-time labor job at a temp agency nearby? That will allow you to earn some money to make life better.

Something like warehouse work, ideally.

1 Like

We live in improvised countryside and live 5 miles near small town 20k people. I tried to work as a barista just to bring drinks to customers and wash dishes. I went there for 2 shifts for 4 hours and I could not bear it. Full shift is 10 hours which I can’t do it. My hands were shaking while carrying a cup and spilt it we few times and almost smashed a cocoa cup by putting down for a customer. My anxiety rapidly went up and anhedonia makes worse for learning and medication for trembling does not help

You deserve a better life.

Can you try something? Wheat avoidance might be all you need to get back some of your concentration and conquer brain fog.

Like, can you omit all wheat products for 3 days and see if it helps you?

There is a strong tie between wheat consumption and psychotic symptoms. It was observed in world war 2 even, where countries that had wheat shortages had suddenly lower hospital schizophrenia admission rates:

" … In several countries, hospitalization rates for schizophrenia during World War II dropped in direct proportion to wheat shortages."

From https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4809873/ .

The reason this helps is because wheat increases the production of zonulin, which weakens the intestinal lining and blood-brain barrier, and can lead to mental illness in susceptible people.

I can’t afford not to eat bread, we are really poor so bread is the no1 option. I tried to escape from home into shelter home, but my mom reported to the police and I was involuntarily hospitalized and conditions in hospitals are really bad and dehumanizing

Man, I feel for you.

Can you eat potatoes instead though? Those aren’t super expensive usually.

I eat potatoes, but my mom still puts bread everywhere even into or onto meat as a compensation of lack for meat

I feel for you. Your situation sounds bad. It makes me grateful for what I have. I would say find your way back to the UK or US. Conditions are much better in the US. There are soup kitchens and food pantries for the poor. You might be able to get food stamp benefits without being a US citizen. If you can get US citizenship you might be able to get into public housing. The shelters they have for the homeless in the US are kind of dangerous and dirty, but they are okay for a short while. It would help a lot if you could get US citizenship.

The room I live in is small but I have food, meds, and shelter well supplied. There are also other people to talk too. So I can’t complain really.

That sounds horrible. I have a neighbor making me too sick to do anything, so I know how bad housing problems can be. People lie about me here and then laugh about making me so sick.

My room is small and cosy.
I realised that life can be better if I talk to my parents more. I did that today and it felt good.
Spoke about my anxiety at my interview and how they were specific about my health condition. It felt good to open up a bit with them. My head feels less tense now.
So it’s getting more bearable living at home

I am very, very fortunate. My husband takes care of me. We live in a 3 bedroom townhouse. Our community is very nice, and the people are friendly. The worst we have are mice in the attic, so I won’t go up there. I am so sorry for the way you are living. it sounds so inhumane. Are conditions like this common in your country? Is there any way you can move to a country that would offer you benefits?

So sorry about your living conditions. This makes me sad.

2 Likes