How is this possible?

Idk if this has been shared before or if it’s been discussed. But often I remember this article and wonder how or where the rest of the supporting evidence is.

I started experiencing psychosis after a relative passed and then exacerbated it with drug use. I have since gone onto be diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome too. Idk if it’s the negative symptoms or if it is CFS.

Either way, point is. I always remember this article for hope, and I just don’t see it being a reality. I feel like every psychotic break incidence has been labelled schizophrenia in this report.

What’s your opinion/experience guys?

It says

After four years of treatment, 55 per cent of the young people were partially or fully recovered,

We’re all partially recovered I guess. :confused:

It doesn’t go into any details.

2 Likes

I can’t believe I overlooked that. That changes a lot. Much more realistic now, and I feel a little relief bc I’m always stressing out when I think of why I’m not in a “recovered state”

Thanks for pointing this out @everhopeful !

1 Like

It’s annoying that the title is so misleading though. People will look at that and get a skewed perception of the reality of psychosis

1 Like

Recovered without meds? Recovered from negative symptoms or just positive symptoms?

Don’t listen to the hype.
Severe mental illnesses like schizophrenia and bipolar are lifelong disorders.

5 Likes

I’d assume they’re talking about the entire spectrum regardless. But as everhopeful pointed out, it says partially as well as fully. So it’s missed out the partial part in the title, which misleads :woozy_face:

1 Like

yea i agree with @Wave
for most people it’s gonna be lifelong… sadly enough…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.