How is it like to be a non-smoker?

I’m still smoking 8 cigs a day so I have not fully quit. I avoid other non prescription drugs and alcohol like the plague since sz though. Just nicotine and caffeine for me atm. Hope to be just caffeine in the not too distant future.

7 Likes

I got smoking out of my system in sixth grade. Me and my friends used to smoke when we could. My best friend would steal his older sisters cigarettes and we would smoke in our hiding place in the rafters in his garage. I stopped smoking when I stopped hanging around my old friends and made new ones. I just never really got hooked on smoking cigarettes. I smoked a ton of pot in my teens and a little in my twenties but quit that too in 1990. I don’t miss either one.

4 Likes

I quit smoking over 8 years ago. It took me a loooong time, but it’s now been a few years since I don’t want a cigarette everyday, and I’m really glad I don’t smoke anymore. I like being able to breathe, don’t miss the smell, don’t miss being a slave to something, and having to go out and have a cigarette all the time. I think quitting is worth it.

When I get stressed, I tend to shut down. I desperately want something to ease it, but I don’t think of smoking anymore. I would eat for comfort, but I’m trying not to do that anymore, either, so I just sort of check out.

6 Likes

I got desperate, and just smoked a cigarette in my bathroom with the fan on, hopefully my neighbors don’t notice (I guess I’m that guy). I normally vape, only buy cigarettes when I’m too lazy to make it to the vape shop (longer drive).

2 Likes

I quit smoking cigarettes in 2018. I quit smoking weed in 2014 when I was homeless in downtown Los Angeles. I started smoking cigs and weed and drinking when I was 15 because of this one friend I had. I don’t talk to him anymore and I don’t miss smoking cigs or weed or drinking. When I’m bored I just watch Cops.

5 Likes

I smoked about 2 periods in my life of about 6 years. Just that much has made my life hell. I wish I never saw a cigarette. It’s much better not smoking. I’d rather have a drink than a cigarette, or a cup of tea.

3 Likes

When did you quit smoking crack?

4 Likes

I count January 1st, 1990 as my sobriety date. I was 29.

4 Likes

Did it make you psychotic? I took Ldopa from Mucuna supplement and when I stopped I had bad withdrawals, fever, shivering, etc It boosts dopamine like crack and stimulants, Adderall, Ritalin etc

1 Like

Its addictive for me eventhough its just a supplement.

1 Like

Crack or cocaine or alcohol never made me psychotic. I could consume large amounts of those and once the high wore off, I was fine. It was marijuana that made me psychotic and paranoid.

2 Likes

Yea marijuana makes me psychotic instantly even when I am on working meds. Sometimes I was hospitalized because of marijuana, they gave me extra antipsychotic in the emergency.

3 Likes

When i tried the illicit powder long ago i found that i didnt even really feel high. Id been way higher from mania.
Maybe thats why i didnt get addicted to drugs, mania was just way crazier than they were.
I dont think i have the addict trait though. I can easily quit an activity i like a lot and do something else.

2 Likes

@77nick77 @Aziz - Marijuana definitely isnt for everyone. It has pros and cons just like other drugs. If I smoke too much or if I smoke strong pot, I get really bad anxiety. Its the reason why I get a strain with only 6% THC in it.

3 Likes

I tried 1ml of this when i had cracked ribs last year. I ended up in outerspace lol. I couldnt even figure how to the use the computer it was glitching out. It was very uncomfortable lol

4 Likes

I had a joint in Australia after being for around 10 years abstinent from pot in Germany.I got a sz relapse a few days later. These days, after another 15 years of smoking marijuana i am kind of immune or i don’t know how psychotic i am. Anyways, my drinks could have been spiked as well. There was plenty of opportunity.

2 Likes

The thc is off the room for it.

I wouldn’t smoke pot again, but i would smoke cbd which is legal throughout europe.

3 Likes

Is that a lot of thc for 1ml? It was 30mg thc

2 Likes

I am not sure, maybe it was 3 percent thc per gram and not 30 percent as i first read.

3 % seems mild

2 Likes

I did the math, it is 3 % thc per gram.

I guess its still a lot for someone who is not used to it

2 Likes