How is invega injection? Is it good?

Hi. Anyone had any luck with invega injection. My doctor offered it to me.

1 Like
3 Likes

It’s poison @anon1152203 will say lol

1 Like

Ok thanks.

1 Like

Works great for positive symptoms. I’m on it. But I’m having trouble with negative symptoms. Seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow about that, I guess it could be depression. Hopefully something could be adjusted or added and those symptoms can improve in which case it’s excellent.

(By the way. It’s the same people who keep rehashing the coming off Invega thread)

2 Likes

I’m on Invega pills but i think i will ask pdoc for a switch soon

1 Like

You’ll gain weight like mad on the injection. I’m somewhat weight-stable on the pills, though I have to bike at least half an hour a day to stay that way.

1 Like

Everyone reacts differently to every med. every single med will have some people saying it’s a miracle cure and others saying it was horrible. I suggest working with your doctor to decide if it’s right for you. This may involve trying it for a couple months, to see how it affects you.

6 Likes

I’m on the invega sustenna depot. I enjoy it a lot. I tolerated risperdal consta well, also. living life is more fun on invega in my opinion.

medicine won’t do all the work for you. you still need to learn to be a decent human being also.

2 Likes

I’m just sick of going for injection every 2 weeks with risperidone consta. If I go with invega it’s way less injections. I hate needles.

1 Like

I’m on it and it’s not bad

2 Likes

It hurts. Buts keeping things quiet. I block too with object blocking which ive posted about. You need both for truth at least.

1 Like

I’m on it and I find it’s okay. The only thing is the side effect of insomnia. I’m finding it difficult to sleep on it.

i do 156mg invega sustenna once a month.

I don’t mind shots (i kinda like them idk why)

once a month is way better than every two weeks. it’s just less to worry about and it’s easier.

1 Like

I’ve been taking the Invega Sustenna monthly injection for almost a year now. I was getting the 234mg monthly injection and successfully went to a lower dose of 156mg monthly injection which is every 4 weeks. So far I’m not delusional, don’t hallucinate, don’t talk to myself, my hygiene is maintained, voices pop up randomly but not as frequent, slight paranoia, random racing thoughts are still there, I gained a little bit of weight but have successfully lost it by diet and exercise, have insight into my illness and am firmly grounded in reality.

I went for a prolactin test after reading about it on this website and it was a little high according to my psychiatrist so she decided to lower the dose and I’ve been stable on this injection for a year now so far so good. I also got high cholesterol and sexual dysfunction in the beginning to where I was shooting blanks which is a known side effect of the medication. I was able to masturbate and maintain my erection normally but wasn’t producing any sperm. Since lowering the dose I’m producing a little bit of watery sperm which is a lot better then nothing.

I also take Wellbutrin 150mg for depression as well which has steadily gotten better and my mood is becoming more consistent. I was taking the Wellbutrin 100mg first and recently got it raised by my psychiatrist.

Besides staying active by going to the gym 2 - 3 days out of the week and working 48 hours a week as a cashier I listen to podcasts, call up friends to talk to them, make sure my car is running good, wear nice clothes and try to smell good everyday, post on this website, I meditate when I feel like doing it and try to read books when I can.

My interest in doing a lot of things is somewhat there but motivation feels low. I still sleep around 12 hours everyday but I’m working on trying to sleep less. I still have my bad days but hopefully they get less and less. I know this got long but hopefully this helps someone.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the advice.

1 Like