How is everyone doing with

I am doing ok,mirtazapine effect seems to have lessen,I really hope I can do better but it’s really isn’t within my control…how the ■■■■ I wish I say I am doing well

1 Like

My med change has been really good for me. I went from Geodon to Risperdal. I don’t have nearly so many violent thoughts, and they are much less severe when I do have them. I am, however, having intrusive sexual thoughts, but I don’t think that is as bad as violent thoughts. Other than that, I just completed my spring semester. The official grades haven’t been posted yet, but I think I did well.

3 Likes

I agree with you about the hospitals. Do you know how long they are going to keep him?
I use to go up to every hospital my som was ever in and get into arguments with the docs, nurses, case managers…All I can say is that everyone in the field in 3 states knows me and C. My son would also call constantly. I hope you rest up and they don`t release him until he is a little more stable. They may be watching him also. My thoughts are with you…hang tough

1 Like

Did you say in another post that your sister was going to college?

Washington has the “Running Start” program. It’s where the junior and senior year of high school can be taken on a college campus and count for college credit. So it’s like the senior year and freshman year are taken simultaneously.

It’s an accelerated program and she has worked her butt off to stay in.

Pretty proud of her and all the hard work.

2 Likes

His social worker at the hospital informs me this morning they want to discharge him tomorrow. At the time of our conversation, he STILL had not been given the depot injection. I made two calls to the social worker yesterday and neither was returned. And of course could not get a straight answer from anyone at the hospital over the weekend. So they want to give him his change of meds today and discharge tomorrow. I am in disbelief of how crappy this hospital is.

We had our “family meeting” at the hospital last night with another social worker who could not even find it on his record that son was supposed to be given a depot injection. I’m so frustrated - I know I have got to calm down.

I finally worked up the nerve to go down in his room this morning. I don’t even have words to describe how horrible. Someone is coming tomorrow at noon to clean his room but there were many things hubs and I had to take care of before any cleaning person could come in. I took pics and tried to upload one or two here but this site tells me the pics are too big.

I am however going to send the pics to our lawyer who is handling the appeal for son’s disability - we have been denied twice already. I want the folks at Social Security to look at these pics and tell me that my son is not disabled. I am also going to talk to this lawyer about gaining conservatorship, which I have been advised I need to do.