How good are you at dealing with real world problems?

I’m ok. I can get them resolved, but I’m a mental mess while doing so. I try not to panic on the outside, but on the inside I’m a secret panic-er.

6 Likes

I am productive at the start of a problem and adrenaline keeps me going through the bulk of the resolution.

But afterwards I totally crash and pretty much fall apart for a couple of weeks

4 Likes

Work stuff is mostly ok as you’re dealing with a team who share the burden

Home stuff I find very hard

I just found out I am trapped in my flat unless I can raise £60,000…

You could buy a flat my size for that up north

3 Likes

I struggle with them, and often don’t deal with real life problems with much grace. But I do get through it, and come out the other side. As clumsy as it might be at the time

1 Like

I am horrible at dealing with my emotions (sadness, anger)

2 Likes

@anon94176359 For the most part, I am the same.

1 Like

It’s good you recognize that you get through it. That’s half the battle

1 Like

Like what problems?

I can often flip over into a sort of emotionally detached mode and pragmatically go about solving problems in an efficient manner that is for the good of everyone involved or the common good. But sometimes I freak out and need help. It’s really anybody’s guess.

2 Likes

I see people get overwhelmed sometimes and need help but I don’t think that’s ever happened to me. I hope it never does.

I can get sick, though, if things become too difficult.

1 Like

Good for you, that’s the best we can do. I wish I had Mastered it a bit more like yourself @leafy

1 Like

I can’t deal with real life problems.
I panic

1 Like

I handle them ok not great. I am easily rattled with anxiety over some situations.

2 Likes

IDK. Somehow. some way, things get done. I’m a terrible procrastinator though. I put off doing things for way too long.

1 Like

Wow £60,000.

Thats proper good.

That’s how much I need to move

2 Likes

Wow, that’s heavy. How much is that in American dollars? Just curious

I can’t do or solve most things my Mom handles it for me

2 Likes

I try my hardest to not have any problems, but it’s inevitable to have some problems. Sometimes I can deal with it, sometimes my folks take care of it. Depends on the situation.

2 Likes

Money management: above average. The rest? Adaptive functioning significantly < than IQ. That’s common for those on the autism spectrum, but not applicable to all on the spectrum.

2 Likes