How far do you let yourself go before you get help?

I take it because I have chronic pancreatitis. And I take it as prescribed so I’m not abusing it. Just don’t know what is causing what tbh.

1 Like

Not knowing is a good reason to ask your pdoc. You need an appointment just to be safe.

1 Like

If I don’t act on the warning signs , I lose insight very fast.

1 Like

If I realize I’m starting to decline I let my doctor(s) and immediate supports (wife/kid and friend or two) know what the score is. Whether or not I need help is up to the doctor. I find that the less I hide, the less things blow up in my face.

1 Like

i dont let myself go too far. usually within a week of stopping meds before any psychosis symptoms like hallucinations i get violent and morbid thoughts towards my family, usually starts off a irritability then i become angered like if my mom leaves out and doesnt answer the phone even if i called like 10 times. i think im at a point in life tho where i have realized i need the meds even more than i think

2 Likes

I found that the longer i left it, when i finally lose insight i, it takes a hell of a lot longer to recover from it when i finally get help. If i seek doctors or whoever quicksmart when i feel im slipping then the recovery period when i regain insight is a lot quicker and can get back to a normal level of functioning sooner.

1 Like

you might try generic prolixin, that’s what I’m on and I love it.

1 Like

I tend to let myself reach crisis point and write on here and only when others here say I need help I get it. If I need hospital it takes a lot of persuading!

1 Like

It sounds like you have reached that level IMO.
Maybe its the wrong dosage? Thats probably what they’d suggest if you brought it up I imagine.

1 Like