How does schizophrenia start out?

I didn’t recover, it was more like forget everything about her. She got worse in time, I tried to get in touch when I am in remission a few times later on but we never talked like we did back then. I still stalk her fb. :confused:

1 Like

My prodromal symptoms started at age 15 and started with the symptom of severe bulimia and extreme withdrawal and isolation. At the time, I had no idea it was the start of sza.

2 Likes

I smoked ALLOT of weed and did salvia a little bit. Then the salvia made my cause a hallucinate episode.

I had autism which I didn’t knew. I’m not diagnosed with autism. I realized

it started out with tactile hallucination, then voices then broadcasting,

Exactly the same here but I was like 20

1 Like

It took about 6 years and two wrong diagnoses for me to find out that I had schizophrenia.
I was told I had Amotivational syndrome and later, depression. The last doctor made the diagnoses after I told him I was hearing voices…

1 Like

Sorry you started hearing voices. I knew I had sz along time ago especially with delusions I would have but these days I feel my voices are real and they make me so stressed out. They tell me things that I don’t want to hear. They are always planning to do me in like everyday. Today they were planning to inject something in me or do something with my car. I wish they would leave me alone. They keep commenting on my thoughts.

2 Likes

my illness started very slowly and it got worse until breaking point, it took me from 15- 21 before i had my break and was diagnosed

It started out with thinking I was psychic then people following me then voices I thought were god then they told me they were illuminati then started saying it was all a test then they started getting really annoying and cartoonish

1 Like

That’s the thing, i didn’t know i had it. I was convinced that everything was fine, and by fine i thought people were stalking me, that people could read my mind, that i’m being video taped where ever i go…that i was a sort of experiment that people watch. I get put through various scenarios and people watch how i respond for entertainment. And on it goes…i took the introduction of medication to change my thinking enough for me to recognise that i had delusions. I thought my hallucinations were 100% true. Again, it took medication for me to realise that something was wrong. Before that, i had no idea.

3 Likes

I didn’t listened to my doctor when I was put on antidepressant,gradually I worsen and took antipsychotic now,regretful

Mine started with severe anxiety and voices when i was 14 or so, then later mood swings and delusions

1 Like

I have been paranoid since I was about 7. I would stay up at night worrying about things like fires or burglars and how I could get my family out of the house as quickly as possible to save them. When I was 15, I started cutting. At 18, I was diagnosed as depressed. At 27, I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. That became bipolar disorder. Then, I started seeing things. I will never forget the first time I saw a demon. I had to switch psychiatrists, but I was then diagnosed with sza, bipolar type.

Did you talk to other people about This?

Your parents will convince you that you
Have sz and are not targeted.

I hear everything you said on FB every day
There’s thousands with the same experience.

1 Like

I have the meanest people talking to me. But I don’t want to die. They make me sound really bad or at least I think so. They call me all these names. They think I say all these terrible things. I just want to be left alone. And they make such a big deal over what is being said. Even though I am not saying these things. I feel I am having bad luck because I have people actively doing things to me. I usually have better luck. Should I just go out especially if I feel unsafe.

2 Likes

I thought people where following me then started hearing voices

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.