How does schizophrenia affect you living your dreams?

I’m a very high functioning schizophrenic, so I tend do be more stable than how I was before. However, it’s rather my muscular dystrophy that brings me down.

I feel tired as ■■■■. Maybe it’s my APs too, but it’s hard to function with both conditions.

Yes it destroyed my dreams.

But I’m trying to adapt anyhow and still be content

It doesn’t. I always dreamed of being locked up with 30 other crazy people in a psyche ward and shot in the butt with a syringe and being chained to a table by all four limbs and it came true. As I got older and wiser I started dreaming about being a crack addict and that dream came true too.

Damn dude, that sucks.

It could always be worse.

How ?

You prophesized your future in a dream.

:dragon_face:

I got ill with sza just as I left school. I worked so hard in school to qualify for varsity then my sza struck and I never went.

Nowadays i still struggle with avolition - its a start-stop kind of life I’m living. I work when I am motivated and stop when I’m not. Today I managed to send off my book to a publisher and hoping it will be successful. (my book is about my journey with mental illness).

THINKING TWICE :My sz imaginated reality perpektive make my dreams come true.

1 Like

I still live my dreams, which is school and work, but things like travel alone make me really nervous. I think I’ll be able to do it eventually though.

LS! It did not affect my that much. At 61 I can look back on an interesting life. When I was 14,15,16 I hitchhiked like through England and to Paris. At 17 I wrote a paper on the Collected Works of Menno ter Braak and received the highest grade. At 20 I squattered mansions big villas in the Center of Amsterdam. At 22 I was given disability payments. At 40 I decided to work again and I have done ten years of research in Mental Health in Amsterdam, two years I got paid. Now At 61 I am one of the strongest in the gym. What is missing from my life is a lot of girlfriends, but you can not have everything.

Before i was more effective in reaching goals, more productive, more efficient…but clueless as to what i wanted. I was aiming for completely wrong and selfdestructive goals.

Now im much less good at achieving things, but at least im starting to realise what are the “right” goals for me.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.