How does Buddhism affect schizophrenia

So Ive been studying Buddhism and most of it has to do with psychology. I know so far that the pleasure is something you want more and more, aswell as dopamine a neurotransmitter that has you craving for more. Can anybody tell me how Buddhism affect your life with schizophrenia?

2 Likes

Just read up on Thich Nhat Hanh. Don’t think you are supposed to discuss it on this website though.

2 Likes

Ive read two of his books. I like his teaching.

1 Like

He’s Vietnamese and was around during the war there. He has a fascinating take on things.

Edit: Man does he love walking meditation. Also breathing mediation.

1 Like

I became happier and calmer after discovering buddhism. I watched a lot of sessions with Ajahn Brahm online, and it helped me have more patience and panic less.

1 Like

It’s very useful for schizophrenia, at least some parts are like mindfulness and DBT.

It doesn’t have to be spiritual or religious.

I like some aspects of buddhism but it’s not as scientific as I’d like. But that’s another story.

The deep breathing methods helped reduce anxiety, fear, and dissociation. Being in the moment and the present is very helpful.

1 Like

I feel like I should question my existence sometimes, and I don’t know if this is buddhism or not, but I feel like I did not just appear in the world I believe that the things and people that I see in my life were here before me and that life is as simple as It looks. I believe nothing has changed like the voices make it out to be, but there are some upper levels that I don’t know about.:prayer_beads:

1 Like

I think that’s fine and okay. Every body should believe in what they want as long as it doesn’t infringe on the rights of others or hurt others.

Still a religious thread. Sorry.

3 Likes