Home, About, Contact Us, FAQ

How do you treat your Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?

How do you treat your Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder ?

With Inderal and CBT.

This is type of supplement right…???

What is Inderal?
Inderal (propranolol) is a beta-blocker. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).

Inderal is used to treat tremors, angina (chest pain), hypertension (high blood pressure), heart rhythm disorders, and other heart or circulatory conditions. It is also used to treat or prevent heart attack, and to reduce the severity and frequency of migraine headaches.

Inderal may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.

No. Prescription med, beta blocker

Antidepressant Medications
Some antidepressants are effective for obsessive-compulsive disorder. Doses used are usually higher than the doses used to treat other illnesses like depression or anxiety. It also commonly takes longer before a person gets relief.

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as fluvoxamine (Luvox), fluoxetine (Prozac), sertraline (Zoloft), paroxetine (Paxil), citalopram (Celexa) and escitalopram (Lexapro) are most commonly used.

Tricyclic antidepressants also can be effective. The one most used for OCD is clomipramine (Anafranil). Although this drug may be slightly more effective than the SSRIs for treating OCD, it sometimes has side effects that are more difficult to tolerate. Nonetheless, it is a good option.

Especially for people with poor or no insight into their illness, the doctor may offer an antipsychotic medication in addition to an antidepressant. Possible options are risperidone (Risperdal) and aripiprazole (Abilify). Such medications may also be used for severe OCD that hasn’t gotten better with antidepressant treatment.

zooloft seems to be the best

make an appointment to your p doc may be tomorrow…!!! dont self medicate…!!! it can be dangerous…!!!

I will not take anything for ocd. Flauxitine or any ssri is not good because of abilify potentiation with flauxitine and ssri and rasagiline drug interaction

so forget ocd ( message to myself )

I change channels like hell, I write nonsense quotes like hell, I masturbate like hell, I sit before laptop browsing same page doing nothing for hours and hours as if brain dead, obsessed with almost everything I touch/see with the mind’s eye

That’s common problem with Szphernik people…!!!

Yes, comorbid conditions

That’s a good idea. @Minnii may I ask what the Inderal does for you? And is there any tolerance and withdrawal? Is it a zombifying or sedating med (don’t need any more of that)?

I have obsessive compulsive traits as well, since a couple of years. When I lower haldol, I get lots more of ocd/ocpd traits.

For me, I feel Efexor (SNRI) minimized my obsessive compulsive traits as well, when I had only that and no psychosis. Only the withdrawal was horrible and upon quitting the OCD was worse than before and I turned psychotic.

Zoloft is a good med, my bro takes it, has great success. I take Prozac and it helps immensely

I take Zoloft for my OCD it is indeed one of the best…im on risperdal for schizophrenia…it helps for OCD as well my pdoc told me about this.

The inderal lowers the heart beat and stops the shaking, it’s good for extreme anxiety like mine, don’t know how’s your case. The CBT helps with coping techniques for the intrusive thoughts, it’s what I suffer from

The withdrawl is dangerous if taken continuosly, I take it as a PNR

Thanks. Ever since using olanzapine I have severe OCD. It is linked to intrusive thoughts and anxiety as well, but also obsessivity… f.e. obsessively looking for a “cure” while I know there is none. Which is linked to anxiety of course.

I have obsessions too. I wish I could take an anti depressant, but my pdoc and I don’t want to risk psychosis.

Tianeptine sulphate/sodium 100 % safe

I don’t take supplements, they all have weird reactions on me.