How do you tolerate death?

I just slept (a nap) for 3 hours. Man, I never get used to people dying.

Specially people that had no business dying.

I woke up determined to pay him my “online” respect after so many years (he appears as in memoriam on facebook). But it’s a snake pit, and I prefer to go unnoticed.

4 Likes

It’s very difficult. I suppose one way I tolerate it is by reminding myself we are made of atoms which can’t be destroyed. They just get recycled into the broader environment. So in essence we never really go away we continue to live in one form or another.

6 Likes

Thats how i think of it. We just go back to the Universe, with our atoms creating something else.

Im used to seeing death anyway, from my care assisting days

5 Likes

I look forward to dying…this world has me way down. no , I would never take my life…I believe that is wrong to do…just don’t like life much right now.

2 Likes

You keep their stories and memories alive for others.

4 Likes

“tolerate”.

I don’t know, man. This word makes it sound like you have some kind of choice. I think you just have to accept that it’s inevitable and enjoy the time you have.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Thanks man. I know I don’t want to feel like this: it’s pointless for me, even if the meaning of hanging onto love is beautiful.

2 Likes

The feeling changes over time, but the love for the lost one remains. Just let it happen in its own time as it needs to. When I am sad about losing my friend Ray I pick up a camera and use it and then for a moment he is with me again. It allows me some serenity.

7 Likes

Sounds good… really helpful stuff. I need to keep doing the things we did together, I think that will bring me joy.

Never thought it that way…

2 Likes

Im starting to believe that we were never born and we never die, we just manifest into something else. Where made up of energy where changing constantly.

2 Likes

Accept its part of life

1 Like

The last part of life.

2 Likes

True that

1 Like

Im pretty detached with death. Oddly i dont seem to react very much even if I knew of the person. Its probably due to a detached or dissociative trait. I dont fear death at all either.
I was also told by a pdoc from a test i have existential issues which contributed to previous issues with life and death stuff.

Just remember the good times and take your time.

1 Like

Everybody dies. You just have to remember the good parts. I’ve had a lot of people die in my life. Luckily no one in my immediate family. That’d be hard to deal with.

2 Likes

My dad died a few years ago. I still am heartbroken about it. I just remember it is a stage of this beautiful thing we call life. Everything dies. People, stars, galaxies, even the universe will die.

1 Like

death I can tolererate life I have trouble

1 Like

I dunno I’ve never experienced it :skull:

1 Like

I believe in parallel universes and reincarnation so I think consciousness is quantum and survives after I die. It’s a bit weird. If we live in a simulation, that compounds things. I believe in God or a creator. I don’t know how heaven works with infinite realities but if it’s self contained, it might go on forever or collapse. Nobody knows especially me.

I feel like I’ve lived and died a near infinite amount of times so far.

1 Like