How do you talk to people

how o you talk to people

1 Like

Typically via text. I don’t like talking on the phone. Face to face is okay in small quantities.

2 Likes

i usually think of something to say and then say it when its appropriate :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not good with people, so I listen to them to get a gauge on what they like, or their humor, and when the timing is right I will say a joke and hopefully they laugh. And then it’s just butter from there. Make sure you two are doing something but not something too focus-induced, like surfing the internet and showing each other pictures, or talking about snapchat stories on your phone. If you’re at a table with people tell an interesting story, or something juicy. Best of luck

3 Likes

I look them straight in they eye and I tell them I’m going to throw them into the lake.

2 Likes

I try to keep it “professional” at first. Keep it politically correct, don’t be too personal at first. Small talk, so things like the weather and newsworthy things but not politics or religion. You can talk about the music you like, food you’ve tried recently, what your plans are for the holidays. Try to steer clear of anything controversial until you get to know someone. Try not to be too monotone and stiff if at all possible and also try not to be too loud and animated. If you get stuck you can try asking questions about the person you’re talking to, but don’t just keep asking question after question. Ask a question, wait for the answer, then comment on their answer. If that doesn’t get the ball rolling again you can ask another question. If it gets really awkward you can always just explain that you’re feeling tired today and that might get the other person talking again. And always remember that you’re not the only one who has a hard time talking to people. The person you’re trying to talk to might feel anxious and awkward too.

5 Likes

I just start small with hello how are you and people tend to take it from there. It helps also if you have a question or a compliment for the person. It can help spark conversation.

2 Likes

Most of talking is listening.

You hear what the person has to say and you respond accordingly.

It’s a skill. It can be learned and it takes practice.

First things. Keep it small. Ask what makes you comfortable and reply with honesty. Go from there!

3 Likes

Def a difficult one. Just try to find a bit of common ground. Mostly start with small talk, which I can’t stsnd. So many love the small talk. Sorry to be a boo

1 Like

With fake laughs and no confidence inside but trying to act smart from outside.(This is at my office.)

But it depends with people and mood.

NAMASTE

1 Like

I ask a lot of questions about the person and their life and interests. People really love talking about themselves. Then it isn’t awkward and I won’t struggle thinking of things to say. I’m very anxious though, socializing really drains my energy.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.