How do you not care what people think of you (too much)

As above

I care what people think too much on this website

It’s annoying

How can I stop that

1 Like

The only suggestion I can offer is take longer breaks from this site. You might be getting too attached?

3 Likes

People on here can’t replace real people and friends. There’s a big limit on how much they can or want to help you… so set boundaries.

4 Likes

I just try to frame it in my mind that people’s intentions may get misconstrued as we only have text and the rare smiley or two to go off on here. Anything that may come off as something against me I just choose to take as a joke. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s hard to take longer breaks on here when I don’t do much. My motivation is low to do stuff irl but I guess I it may be worth trying again at some point.

2 Likes

You’re fine @anon90843118 Don’t worry so much! I like your posts

4 Likes

I think the fact that you care so much makes you so sweet and kind and loving. Do you get flags and suspended? No. Well you must be doing something right.

2 Likes

Aw I’m flattered.
I need to get better at receiving compliments

:flushed:

2 Likes

Who upset you butterfly?

1 Like

No one upset me but I’m just too concerned about how I come across on this website.

I should not give a ■■■■.

Oh right cool. Ya geez who cares how you come across. I think your lovely

1 Like

I’m struggling with this too. I think for me it comes from low self esteem. People with high self esteem dont care as much about what other people think, but when you have low self esteem, like me, then what others say or think can tear you down.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Squanchy
I understand what you mean about having low self esteem
I hope it’s less like that with time for you. :slight_smile:

I kinda think I should leave the site for a while but I’m so glued to it. Cos my life is a bit non eventful atm

3 Likes

I’m kind of in the same place. I’ve been using this site as a crutch instead of for recovery, and I’m trying to find constructive hobbies to take my time up instead of spending most of my time on here.

I’m going to start working from home, I had to quit my job, so I’m looking for stuff I can do from home.

1 Like

Also, I dont think it has to be all or nothing. I think it’s possible to cut back on one thing instead of outright leaving. With that being said, breaks are nice too.

1 Like

Yea I have a feeling I will just see if I can cut down how active I am on here cos I know i’ll still lurk around. I just have a lot of free time atm that’s why n not in the mood to do much except for a few things here and there irl.
I’m sorry to hear you quit your job, I’m sure better things will come along though.
Good luck finding hobbies. :crossed_fingers: that’s a good idea.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s possible for me to do that. I know it’s possible for some people though, because I had a buddy in high school who literally never put any effort whatsoever into his appearance. He used to say “who cares what other people think.”

1 Like

Caring what others think can be both good and bad. Being concerned with others feelings and wellbeing is good. Just don’t let yourself worry too much about it. It’s ok to be both empathetic and self conscious if it’s because you care about others. Just don’t let it go overboard where you’re afraid to say or do anything. That’s very excessive. I think you’re a really good person and that’s why you care. Just try to find some confidence in yourself and then you can find balance. When I get overly self conscious on this site I either reach out to everyone or take a little step back to get things back in perspective.

2 Likes

I was told that I needed to care about what I think about me. And that if people don’t like it that’s their problem not mine.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.