How do you know you have schizophrenia?

When your paranoia becomes overwhelming and keeps you from functioning normal at work/family life

1 Like

Lack of function is usually a good sign. If your obsessing about these thoughts and feelings and it’s preventing you from living then you need to address things. That means medications for most.

3 Likes

I hope you feel better and don’t do anything erratic😊 might get you in trouble

1 Like

im always confused,deep down i know something is wrong.plus im old,my memory is not helping me.somtimes i think im gay sometimes i dont but thats another issue.im just sick.and medication is not helping me.

1 Like

The voices told me I did.

2 Likes

4 psychiatrists and one disability committee diagnosed me with sz.
I can’t have doubts anymore

4 Likes

I hear relatives and my childrens’ father talking to me when they aren’t here.

i knew i had it cause they diagnosed me with it after being in the psych ward…
i didn’t think about it before though… it never occurred to me that i could have sz. First they said bipolar so i thought i had bipolar disorder until they dxed me with autism, then later got admitted to the psych ward again and then they said sz.

I don’t know how to know it by yourself though… I mean if you are psychotic it’s hard to know what is real and what is not…

2 Likes

i was diagnosed, and then recently rediagnosed. so now im double sure i have it!

when youre having such severe symptoms, it can be hard to tell if you have it or not. lack of insight is another symptom that the doctors will typically point out for you. its best to leave the diagnosing to the professionals!

1 Like

That’s true. My parents came to help me. Thank God.

1 Like

I’m just not right in the head. I meet all the symptom criteria, what else could it be?

2 Likes

Then you probably have schizophrenia.

1 Like

I knew I probably had sz for the first time when I took the city bus with my boyfriend. My bf told me to stop the bus. I instantly went into shock mode because I realized I didn’t know how to get the bus to stop. I just froze and felt every eye on me. I was afraid to move. Luckily, my bf stopped the bus for me.

1 Like

I made the mistake of asking the doctor why I was in a mental hospital (Again)

1 Like

You sound like you have sz. This has been going on for over many months now isn’t it… What does your pdoc say

1 Like

My doctor says I have the illness, but I’m not convinced.

2 Likes

Oh no, it sounds like you are delusional then. Because this is not actually happening even though it feels real, about the camera.

1 Like

I go nuts without meds.

3 Likes

You know, we hadn’t noticed.

1 Like

The first hint was eating a lousy bowl of oatmeal dressed in a hospital gown.

3 Likes