How do you know if you're depressed?

I want to lose weight, I want a good sex life, I want friends.

I feel motivated during the day. I shower once or twice a day, wear fresh clothes, and I make music throughout the week.

Am I depressed or not. I don’t feel super sad or anything, but I don’t feel content.

Negative symptoms are similar to depression. Best bet is to ask your psychiatrist.

1 Like

I don’t bath regularly. I don’t care for hygiene. I am not sad everyday but some days I wanna die.

1 Like

If you were depressed you wouldn’t be doing anything productive. You would be sad and you would be slow moving. You would know it.

1 Like

Depressed people don’t always feel sad. They may feel empty for example.

1 Like

You do much more than me - I only shower once a week and I’m not interested in visiting people and I’m not motivated to do anything except cook, eat, drink coffee, sleep, read, and write in my journal. I have a good life, I’m content but I feel empty much of the time. I don’t know if it’s depression or negatives. Maybe both.

1 Like

Usually with depression you find a decrease in activity. Hygiene is a big one. I don’t shower as often as I should. And I just have this lonely sadness a lot of the time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.