Schizophrenia.com

How do you imagine yourself in ten years?

Negative symptoms are known to get worse with time

1 Like

That sucks 1515

I’m not so sure that is true, although I had heard that before as well:

"Positive and negative symptoms

It has been commonly understood that positive symptoms of schizophrenia decline in later life, while negative symptoms dominate the presentation in older age. However, findings from several studies have invalidated this notion. The International Study of Schizophrenia (ISoS) assessed 18 global cohorts over 15- and 25-year periods and found 77% of patients had no evidence of significant negative symptoms over the course of their illness.3 Similarly, a longitudinal study of institutionalized geriatric patients with schizophrenia showed no significant changes in negative symptoms over time.4 From a clinical perspective, negative symptoms do not dominate in older adults with schizophrenia and are often expressed in a similar magnitude seen in younger patients."

2 Likes

Let’s hope it can’t get any worse!

1 Like

In addition to those studies, I also plan to look for solutions to my negatives.

Some of them my not be negatives at all. It’s possible that some of them may be ptsd or depression related.

Reductions or elimination of meds, CBT , new drugs, scientific breakthroughs, newfound supplements and the like all give me hope that I can reduce my symptoms with time.

1 Like

Can’t imagine, last time I did the plans went all wrong from what I thought

1 Like

Could your negative be sedation related? What medicine are you taking and what dose? How many relapses have you had so far? Were you on any drugs before ?

1 Like

I will be dead, if lucky.
If not, alive and suffering. lol

1 Like

I hope I can work again and be more social

2 Likes

Finally move to my private island. Experiment on creating human-animal hybrids. Hunt them for sport.

4 Likes

Yea but I need to do tests before Dr said. I already did the ekg heart test and now I have to do a blood test. I am seeing two pdocs now, I see one 8 oct and the other one 13 nov.

3 Likes

In 10 years time I hope to have travelled alot more. All off Europe.

3 Likes

I am afraid of the future. Right now, my disabilities keep me from working. I worry that in 10 years, I’ll be worse.

Perhaps, I will be much better, though. But IDK.

3 Likes

I’m afraid of the future too.

In 10 years I’ll be 61. I just want to be alive and able bodied then !

5 Likes

Rich and wealthy, successful, full of youth and beautiful women. That’s a fact

2 Likes

In 10 years there is a good chance my parents will be dead (according to life expectancy in Canada) so I’ll be all alone. Not looking forward to it. I’ll be 53.

4 Likes

10 years back, I saw my self as employed in my interested filed. Yes I am still getting close to it.

Hopefully for next 10 years, I will retire from this field of work with lots of saving.

I am planning for early retirement, I would be 42 then.

I know at that age I should not even trust a fart.
I have not idea now how to trust my finances at that age.

Its good to be well prepared.

Trust, hope and faith in me, should all work out well.

2 Likes

Good luck @Aziz

2 Likes

Thanks @Joker

1 Like

Older and slower, but still going strong.

3 Likes