Schizophrenia.com

How do you get / make your Coffee?

But doesn’t taste as good!!

2 Likes

I have a Keurig coffee pot/single serve combo machine. I drink regular with creamers of different flavors or a pod. Just depends on the time of day. Morning- coffee pot, afternoon pods.

2 Likes

I have a drip coffee maker. It’s ok for me.

I don’t like the pod coffees. They just don’t taste good to my taste buds.

I like making Turkish coffee in an ibrik but haven’t done so in awhile.

3 Likes

yea we have a drip coffee maker too… we make a pot and put it in a thermos so we have coffee all the time.

3 Likes

My brother has a Nespresso Vertuo machine. He just bought 60 capsules. Its expensive though, 1$/capsule.

1 Like

He let me try it yesterday.

2 Likes

@aziz I do think that is expensive. But my alternatives are either more expensive / less convenient (being so lazy this is an issue). Looks like a nice machine though. I wonder how it compares to the Kuerig Kcups that dominate the US.

1 Like

That must make a nice cup of coffee. My Kuerig machine just came in today- haven’t set up yet. But I didn’t know that was a thing to separate the cups for recycling. I thought you just toss the kcups. Is that irresponsible? =/

I usedto use my old k cups to plant seedlings. Still tossed them once the seedlings were big.

1 Like

When I buy coffee I get an iced americano with half n half or heavy cream

1 Like

I buy fresh coffee beans (either Starbucks, Harrogate of Lavazza brand)

Grind the beans in a Krups grinder and then brew using a French Press coffee maker

It’s coffee shop quality or better for a fraction of the price

1 Like

It’s totally your call. I’m kind of a recycling nut.

:blush:

I have a Keurig and purchase the kcups when they go on sale at the grocery store or via Costco mail order. This way I can easily adhere to just drinking 1 - 2 cups of coffee per day and each cup is nice and fresh.

4 Likes

I use Nescafé Taster’s Choice 100% Colombian instant coffee.

2 Likes

I use frozen dried granules.

It’s like £1.89 from Aldi for 200g I think?

Sometimes I get a nice Mocha from the machine if I am travelling far for work.

2 Likes

Is French press anything like a Bodum? I’ve got this stainless steel Contraption, where you mix the coffee grounds in with the water, allow it to Steep and then press it down with the lid to separate the grinds from the liquid. Same idea?

2 Likes

That sounds like a French press.

2 Likes

I have a regular coffee machine with a coffee pot. I put in filter and grounds.

We call it a cafetiere in Britian.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.