How do you feel about the idea of wanting things you can't have?

I don’t mind that much wanting things I can’t have. Doesn’t really bother me.

I think envy is definitely normal, but it’s also damaging and you should find ways to avoid it if you can. But don’t avoid it by pretending it isn’t there.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted things I can’t have and not seen what I had already.

When I had my family I took them for granted, but now they’ve left me they’re all that I want.

4 Likes

An increase in antidepressants improved my negative symptoms. Maybe you could try that if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

Even if you’re not depressed maybe try antidepressants as they’ve really helped what I thought was negative symptoms.

My Drs refused prescribing them, they said I am not depressed.

1 Like

He knows best… you’re negative symptoms are most likely that.

1 Like

I think it’s important to be grateful for the things I do have. I’m wary of chasing the impossible.

5 Likes

To be grateful for what I have is something that trying to do myself.

1 Like

be happy wit wat u got

full stop.

same here. when i get the feeling that i want something that i can’t have i try to reason myself to a conclusion and evaluation that makes me realise that that is not really suited for me and that what is suitable for me is what I can have.

and therefore not sulk over what i can’t have, for too long, let go instead

If I can’t have them, I don’t need them. I try to move on quickly from something I can’t have, nothing sustainable there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.