How do you feel about the idea of wanting things you can't have?

I always seem to shut myself down from wanting things I can’t have. But maybe it’s healthier to actually just admit you want certain things (even if you can’t have them).

8 Likes

I want my negative and cognitive symptoms cured.
It seems to be an impossible fight.

6 Likes

I want things I cannot have, and can admit the specifics to people in real life… i think everyone goes through it…

When I was younger, I had a crush on someone and [i think crushes are more difficult when you’re younger] but my peer, an English Teacher said to me:

‘History and literature are chock full of this sort of thing’. It made me feel better…

1 Like

Getting used to it.

2 Likes

when youre happy i feel like people dont really think about what they dont have.

idk im happy and dont really feel like i need anything

especially with physical things, i feel like the less i have actually is the better and happier i am

2 Likes

Sometimes i think i Wanna try life in another place.

4 Likes

It’s a tough habit to break, but it won’t make you happy. Been through that. Are the things that you could possibly work toward?

3 Likes

That’s what I’m wondering though. Is it healthier to admit you want things you can’t have. Rather than suppressing the desires.

1 Like

There are lots of things I want that I can’t have but it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Sometimes I imagine I have what I want, what it would be like, like fantasizing about it, and it puts me in a good mood for a bit.then I move on with my life thankful for what I do have.There are a lot of people way worse off than me.

4 Likes

The only thing that I want that I cannot have is an end to my negative symptoms…with an end to those I could get whatever else I may want on my own.

5 Likes

I want this

and it sucks that I can’t have it

6 Likes

Helen of Troy.

2 Likes

Yes. It makes you more whole

2 Likes

reminds of the a story from Aesop’s fables lol

theres a fox who wants grapes in a tree and he cant reach them so he basically says “i didnt want those sour grapes anyways”.

idk maybe its good to admit we want those things but to put them in perspective also. Acknowledge but also let go. because in life there really are greater things to have and those are free.

blessed are the poor in spirit

4 Likes

Like the saying goes, it’s more important who want what you have than have what you want. Sometimes I’m grateful just to have a roof over my head

5 Likes

I want Adelen Russillo Steen!

1 Like

Yeah, about three of the women soldiers at work. I don’t stand a chance.

3 Likes

IMHO it is always healthier to be honest with yourself about your feelings.

2 Likes

I want to travel overseas with my platonic gf (same one). But I can’t because of her darn dog. We have no one to take care of her. And she has two more good years on her. I’ve been waiting forever.

2 Likes

Absolutely! That’s what I want too. A cure for my negative and cognitive symptoms.

2 Likes