How do you feel about sexual misconduct?

I’m seeing so much stuff in the news about this. How does the stereotypical scenario of a high powered person taking advantage of his or her workplace colleage sexually strike you? Is this outrageous? Does it happen often? Have you personally experienced this or witnessed it? Do you think we need to be smarter as a society to prevent this?

What about the impact on mental health. Are those who take advantage of others responsible for creating future mental health patients?

1 Like

Sup M…what are u upto…done with praying…

1 Like

I think sexual misconduct is a form of violence and needs to be addressed.

1 Like

how about as it pertains to mental health, do you think its creating new mental health issues inthose who would have otherwise been healthy?

It’s ■■■■■■■■ and I’m tired of hearing about it.

2 Likes

Yes, of course it can cause and be caused by mental illness.

3 Likes

I was sexually assaulted when I was ten by (someone with power) a teenage male who I thought was a friend. Heck yes it can and if not directly can exacerbate mental illness symptoms.

2 Likes

It’s nothing new. There’s a term that originated in old Hollywood in the motion picture business. The term is “casting couch”. It refers to the practice of old movie moguls to get aspiring actresses to sleep with them by promising parts in movies or telling the women that the studio head would make them a star if the actress slept with them. This stuff was common practice when just a few powerful men owned the top movie studios themselves.

These guys could make or break the careers of actors and actresses and they could even do this to some of the most famous biggest stars. It’s always been for thousands of years that men in power use their power over women to get sex. It’s just now that it is exposed and action taken. Believe me, all these dozens or hundreds of cases lately from all these women coming forth to accuse rich, famous, powerful men is just the tip of the ice berg. All these guys resigning or being fired or sued or losing their careers are just now getting their comeuppance. The lesson America is slowly learning is that it is slowly being true that no one is too big or too powerful to get away with sexual assault or sexual harassment.

8 Likes

Sexual harassment happens way to often and needs to be addressed as a more serious issue. We need to teach people that no means no and nobody is entitled to anyone else’s body. As someone who has had people grab me and try to force themselves on me I absolutely hate that we are doing nothing about this issue. It definitely effects mental health cause it violates something that is supposed to be only yours, your own body. So when somebody else tries to use it for themselves it is damaging on so many levels it is so alienating and invasive the fact that it’s so common is abhorrent. So in conclusion people who do ■■■■ like that can go shove a spool of barbed wire up where the sun don’t shine and anyone who tries to defend those people can do the same. Sexual predators can rot in hell.

2 Likes

What I don’t like is people who tell everyone “x person” raped them then start putting my body in their mouth.

@anon1571434 what do you mean???

3 Likes

pissed off day in and day out when I’m faced with it being something that has seriously impacted my life or the lives of others who don’t deserve it…

basically every time I’m feeling lonely for along enough to take a look at my distrust issues and have to glance over the worlds all around immaturity and the backwards nature of attraction from the get go…

the human being itself maintains a large amount of evil… and maintains a self-righteous defense in capacity to continue being so… sex is the grossest facet of that evil and the overall balance seem to paint what seems to be a negative hue to sex… and most people prefer seeing it that way. It’s disturbing and dead ended… and the ones who have figured it out mostly keep it as something private and unexpressed which leads the more shallow noisy perspective to dominate and breed distrust and distorted perspectives and expectations… in almost everyone.

Truth is it could be spelled out… to everyone… the fact is everyone winds up disgruntled so often they’d just rather not and hope they ACTUALLY get lucky… instead of getting lucky just being a shallow place holder for a short-term endeavor…

“If I can’t keep it I’m gonna ■■■■ it up for everyone else” it’s a real mode of thought in very immature people… it’s petty and in the end mutually destructive…

The only thing that cures all that… and I have to remind myself all the time… is that regardless of how it looks… there are people out there who get it and agree with me… I gotta just let the noise be what it is and show respect to the individuals who get it… and know with both faith and confidence I’m deserving of something working out… many girls have recognized that… and it’s really just a matter of time before I get what I want.

From there lol… it dips back into the other side of fearing a relationship and the obligation… especially when my happiness starts depending on someone else’s happiness with me… or just their happiness in general beyond that… cause I know so many girls who just ain’t that happy with themselves… they’ll entertain every notion that things will make them happy until they just don’t any more… and from their they just start wreaking havoc on the happiness of those who are close to them because they can’t stand that someone has an easier time at just feeling alright with things… and even that is a perspective I’m too close to knowing to well that I almost have to consider myself guilty for it… which means that someday I might be my own worst enemy… but I can’t really determine that seeing as I’m not in a situation where that’d manifest.

So damn if you do… damned if you don’t… why the hell can’t I just find simple entertainment like I used too.

I will say additionally… I’m having a shite day… 2 hours until sunrise…

I think I might just brew some coffee… enjoy the flavor… and let some highly dissatisfying sleep over power me.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean, @anon1571434. Oral rape is still legally defined as rape. And it still causes PTSD.

I really wish all these public declarations led to actual consequences for the people involved. Too often, it’s a sensationalist headline, the person loses a film deal or two, then everyone forgets about it and they make a comeback a few years later. I’d like to see people face real consequences for sexual assault.

3 Likes

Yes! I hate that. Too often people use the “I can’t help it” excuse, and other people are willing to look the other way because the person doing the violating is powerful.

1 Like

Sexual harassment/assault/rape has always existed in our society, but women (and to a lesser extent men) are not going to tolerate it anymore. I have never seen a seachange in our zeitgeist in such a short amount of time.

It’s evident that there’s a greater need for accountability and transparency alongside a whistleblower act.

This national change of attitude towards sexual harassment/assault/rape is significant, but it’s a first step. We must be vigilant or we’ll return to indifference.

We need to decide what kind of country we will be moving forward.

2 Likes

Sex is for making babies only.

1 Like

I don’t see what’s so hard for everyone to understand. That’s what happened to me.

1 Like

It’s a phenomenon to me really…so glad so many brave women are standing up against their oppressors !! It’s about time.

1 Like

Women are not oppressed.

1 Like

I think it’s awful. It happens all of the time, but I think the beauty of our day and age is that people can speak out.
Unfortunately, men are still left in the dust. Statistically wise, men are raped more than women (jails), and have a higher chance of suicide, violent assaults, etc. I think we really need to focus on that as well as the girls, like getting safe homes for male rape victims.
Outside of jails, men and women are raped equally, if not, women more. And I’m happy women are speaking up about it.
But with so many lies, and the fact that if a woman says a man touched her, he will get jail time without a good trail, etc.

I’m not saying women are liars. It’s so unfortunate how many are raped each year. I just think when it comes to media and popular people saying how they were raped 15 years ago, I think it’s hard. Finding proof is so hard, especially if you bring it up years later. It’s just a tough situation. My honest condolences to any sexual/rape assault survivors.

3 Likes