How do you explain your madness if its not spiritual

how do you explain your madness if its not spiritual

1 Like

I think itā€™s spiritualā€¦

3 Likes

is it spiritual for all of us though??

3 Likes

Not sure. Maybe not. It is for me though.

1 Like

Spiritual, government, aliens, and my own fault. It was my fault for smoking marijuana 8 years ago. I blacked out. Donā€™t know what really happened. I have false memories of the incident and I remember thousands/millions of past lives/parallel universes so I canā€™t tell what really happened/what is real. Stuff that happened long time ago is irrelevant. I came back from a parallel universe around 2011.

2 Likes

I bet this is the best explanation thus far.

The brain is the most complex organ in our bodies, and it makes sense that weā€™re still at the Galileo stages of our understanding of it. Mental illness has only been studied seriously as a medical issue for a handful of decades; there is a ton left for doctors and researchers to learn. We donā€™t even know for certain that the problems originate in our brains, rather than elsewhere in our central nervous system, or even another system entirely.

ā€“From Rhubotā€™s ā€œWhat Itā€™s Like to Know Youā€™ll Be on Antidepressants for Lifeā€.

Interestingly, the gut can also be our second brain.

A 2015 study, for instance, suggested that an interplay between the gut and the brain might be ā€œthe missing linkā€ in our understanding of depression.

6 Likes

welcome back to the forum plumberā€¦I believe you havent been round in a while

1 Like

Thank you, Karl. I had requested for deletion of a few accounts, so this is new account.

1 Like

defective brainā€¦

2 Likes

I think my psychosis came from mispronouncing the z sound.

3 Likes

My problems started very small before I asked for a spirit guide.
Who knows. couldā€™be been marijuana too. Not that I even smoked that much.

1 Like

Mine wasnā€™t spiritual. Itā€™s a messed up brain trying to make logical sense out of the discrepancy between my world and my emotions.

5 Likes

I see it as a chemical disorder from genetic weakness and stress. My religion has nothing to do with it - I hope! I had enough trauma from my mom taking me to a well meaning pastor who tried to exorcise me. And it made me worse.

2 Likes

What do you mean by ā€œspiritual?ā€ This is not a term that is often used by mental health or medical practitioners when discussing the various causes of mental disorders. Usually we speak of ā€œbiopsychosocialā€ causes. But, to explain mental disorders we (or they) consider all aspects of a person, including oneā€™s religious or spiritual beliefs. Certainly, what one believes affects oneā€™s mental health.

Thereā€™s nothing spiritual about schizophrenia.

Try opening your mindā€¦thereā€™s a lot we donā€™t know, that scientists and doctors donā€™t know.

2 Likes

All I can say is, madness is madness.

Spiritual is spiritual.

Madness could not be spiritual.

Spirituality could be seen as madness, though. And only a spiritual person would know for certain?

Could madness have a ā€˜spiritualā€™ cause? Maybe?

No. I donā€™t know if I said that right.

Mine hasnā€™t been remotely spiritual. My psychosis is all about the existence of the paranormal and supernatural (think horror movie monsters, poltergeists, etc.). Iā€™ve never involved anything spiritual in it. I never believed I was a godphone (someone who speaks to/for the gods) or anything, for example.

1 Like

Mine has been spiritual, paranormal, and supernatural, all wrapped into one. To me, the terminology is the same or similar.

2 Likes

Very awesome perspective

Youā€™re preaching to the choir. I know science doesnā€™t know everything but guess what, itā€™s working on it. There is a desirable balance between exploring novel ideas with an open mind and maintaining a healthy skepticism. The following humorous cautionary statement exemplifies the tension: ā€œDo not be so open-minded that your brains fall out.ā€

1 Like