How do you do deal with loneliness or boredom

I used to have many friends but now I am on disability. Although I am high functioning I am housebound due to lack of personal transportation. No friends due to my prior psychotic episode. Minimal family involvement besides residing with my mother. If you are in this situation how did you deal with the loneliness and boredom? If you have overcome this situation how did you? Any other advice is appreciated.

1 Like

This forum could help.

1 Like

I’m in the same situation. I won’t be able to drive for at least another week and a half due to surgery. Also, my car is overheating again.

I vent on twitter, because my family is on Facebook and I don’t want to trouble them (or get me in trouble). My dad lives in town and during the week can’t drive the 15 minutes it takes to get to my house in the country. I also don’t have cable internet, just a wifi hotspot with limited data, so no videos. :frowning:

I haven’t really overcome this situation. I just do the dishes right before my mom gets home which is usually after 10 pm. It is hard being alone. The keep prisoners in isolation and it’s not like people with Sz aren’t in mortal danger when overwhelmed with stress like I’ve been having lately.

I play online and do laundry and stuff. I’m starting to journal again too. It helps when you give yourself a prompt everyday, so at least you journal about something. I made mine a question today. I just started today.

2 Likes

Self-study! Learn something challenging.

1 Like

I used to journal everyday, but then I stopped having things to write about since I stopped going out etc. I think I will start back up again and see if it helps!

1 Like

My Case Manager, therapist and father want me to attend this MI Clubhouse.
They want me to be more social but I really have a hard time socializing and meeting new people.
Don’t really want to go, but I might just check it out for the heck of it.

1 Like

Yeah that would be nice to get out and meet new people! I think you should at least give it a try!

1 Like