How do you deal with unwanted and intrusive thoughts

I tell them to fucccckkk off.

Am I bad for doing that?

2 Likes

I have to let the thoughts and pics play in my head and deal with the anxiety that comes with that I have no real clue what to do but let it play and do nothing

3 Likes

I think you’ve got it. It will rise and fall, but you need to stay centered

3 Likes

I tell the voices to “shut the ■■■■ up”. It usually works hahah

2 Likes

Whatever works, LOL

3 Likes

1st step for me is to be taking medication. Next, affirm my thoughts come from my mind, no other. Next is these thoughts aren’t based on reality, but my version of it. Last is a series of why questions to identify with.

These are what I’ve found usually work for me, and it’s cumulative. I repeat it to undermine them over time.

3 Likes

I’m okay with acting like a crazy person if it means a few minutes of peace :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@Cragger. I’ve been known to start having half in the human world half in a vision while driving in this case I either get where I’m going and then let it take over or pull over into a shop of some kind and let it take over then

3 Likes

@Cragger. Either way I HAVE to let it happen

3 Likes

Idk why, but saying please sir, would you stop saying that?

Just isn’t as effective as the above.

Up until this point anyhow

1 Like

My manttra is:

1. I have to hear it, but I do not have to listen
  2. 0 interaction. It is nearly impossible to keep it to zero, but the less interaction the better
4 Likes

I mean, if they’re going to be abusive there’s no reason why I should have to be polite back

2 Likes

That’s interesting that this is what works for you.

In my personal case, I feel the intrusive thought so deeply to the bone that I feel the need to say something in order to sort of protect myself from being infected with that intrusive thought…

2 Likes

@anon2818416. @anon83141956. I’d rather not say talking to one’s self is acting crazy

1 Like

I will never get it perfectly, but with practice I can allow the thoughts and feelings to roll off of me. That said, I have to talk back and put them in their place once in awhile, too

2 Likes

@Cragger @anon2818416 . I say as long as it works… I usually have to cry because what I see or hear is so… Awful it brings me to tears but I don’t say anything to “it”

2 Likes

In real life situations I personally try to be as polite as I can, which is not sickly polite, but an element of politeness is in there, but when it is an intrusive thought I just feel like I need to do as above. It truly seems to help better somewhat… Idk why…

1 Like

Very odd, isn’t it? I try to be as polite as I can in real life as well

1 Like

I’m sorry that it brings you to tears Twialine, it must be quite distressing. I hope it gets less with time or you are able to find a way for it to be less distressing.

For me personally if I don’t say anything, I start to believe the intrusive thought more that’s the thing…

2 Likes

That’s fair. I guess I use that word to describe myself because that’s how society sees me, and I want to take the power of that word back for myself. If that makes sense?

1 Like